Got my Speedway parts catalog fm ebay.... but..

Yeah!!! Friday (2-26) I got my Speedway parts list (catalog) that covers my Greenhorn. Won it on eBay.

But, interesting thing about the catalog, page 4 has a parts blow-up image.... same image as on page 9.
Missing is parts list for items 95 thru 124 which would have been on page 4.

Does anyone have a corrected catalog with the correct page 4 on it. IF so, can you send a picture of page 4.

Thanks in advance
Tom M.

Yea, I know I have to post some picts of how the resto is going.

Where did you get them tank decals from? I need a set for a Blue angel iam re doing.
John,
I got them from Diablo cycle. But..... they don't have the blue angel tank top decal.

Diablo Cycle :: • Decals :: • Other Brands :: • Speedway

NOTE: There are two size side stickers. 4 1/2" and the Approx 6 inch. Larger one is used on the 14" wheel speedways.

Also, I think in '73 they went to the chrome & black decal.

Also, got you PM about the correct page 4.

Thanks, Tom M.

John,
I got them from Diablo cycle. But..... they don't have the blue angel tank top decal.

Diablo Cycle :: • Decals :: • Other Brands :: • Speedway

NOTE: There are two size side stickers. 4 1/2" and the Approx 6 inch. Larger one is used on the 14" wheel speedways.

Also, I think in '73 they went to the chrome & black decal.

Those are reproductions. I have NOS originals, in both sizes in the white and both sizes of the black/chrome. I also have the Blue Angel decals. As well as most of the rest of the Speedway lineup.

Last edited:
Very nice bike! These would seem to be a direct competitor to the Rupp Black Widow. Anyone know which oerformed better? I'd assume the Dellorto carb would put the Rupp over top in this race. Maybe we can get someone to race. Haha.

pomfish

Nice looking bike!
The frame looks more heavy duty than a Rupp.
Looks like a small motorcycle.
Great job on the resto.

Very nice bike! These would seem to be a direct competitor to the Rupp Black Widow. Anyone know which oerformed better? I'd assume the Dellorto carb would put the Rupp over top in this race. Maybe we can get someone to race. Haha.
Actually these competed with the Rupp SS5 , which was a large wheel Rupp with a 5 hp Tecumseh.

The Speedway Silver Shadow was more of a competitor to the Black Widow. Or, since the silver shadow came first, maybe it could be said the Black Widow was trying to compete with it.

Nice looking bike!
The frame looks more heavy duty than a Rupp.
Looks like a small motorcycle.
Great job on the resto.
There are some things stronger than a Rupp, but other things weaker.

- One flaw I'm a little worried about is the torque converter driven pulley hangs down under the frame which is lower than the Rupp's.
- Another flaw is the steering bushing is plastic. Rupp's use a bearing.
- And, I'm not too happy with the design of the front fork shocks, which are an oil filled dampeners. The seals are suppose to hold the air/oil in, and a little orifice at the bottom of the down-tube controls oil flow into the down-tube air pocket to dampen the action. But..... wear and rust pitting on the down tubes render the function useless since the seals won't keep the oil/air in. So the springs bang the suspension back up after hitting a bump instead of slowly returning back. I am still re-thinking the design........

I'll see how it goes at Windber Reunion this year. Mailing out my registration form today.