Governor Arm Adjustment DB30 Stock

I need some direction in adjusting the governor on a DB30. I know how to adjust the spring between the throttle linkage and the governor arm, but that's not my issue. I took some stuff apart to get things cleaned up a little bit and I think I may have messed something up.

I removed the governor arm (B) from the little shaft that comes out of the motor(A) and I can't seem to get it right when I put it back together. I had my son hold the governor arm in place all the way to the right, I turned the shaft coming from the motor all the way to the right, and I tightened the nut holding the arm to the shaft. When I run the bike, it seems to go well when I pick the rear up and rev it. Seems just as well as it did before. It revs up high and then you can see the throttle on top of the carburetor back off when it gets too high. But there is some power loss while he's riding it now. Before he could climb the hill from a dead stop on my street with no problem. Now it doesn't quite have the umph and he has to help it with his feet when starting on the hill. I can see while he's trying the throttle above the carburetor is opened all the way, so it's not the springs.

Could someone advise me on adjusting that arm on the shaft so I get the most out of it? I'm not sure what I did wrong or if I used the wrong approach reattaching that arm.

P.S. - We went off-roading a little today on some paths by my house. He had a great time with it. Just thought you guys would like to know how happy a mini bike is making him,. :)

governor.jpg

Hey Relic! I had the same problem with my Honda 3 1/2 hp engine! Keep messing with the governor arm adjustment untill you get it right! Try an opposite combination....arm to the right and shaft counter clockwise and vise versa if that doesnt work! They are tricky and make my head hurt!! :laugh: Remember to take the chain off for safety while testing adjustments! Did you get the throttle spring in the right hole between A and B? Cant remember but think the top hole gives a little more rpm's! Also is it getting full throttle when wide open? Can easily check with the engine off twist throttle all the way open and then push on the throttle arm...if it moves more then you are not getting full throttle! Good luck and let us know how it goes!! :thumbsup: