Governor removal??

CDM

I have a coleman ct200u with the stock 6.5hp clone in it. I added a kit from hotrodminibike .com, with a K&N filter, .35 jet, and racing plug. Any good directions for governor removal? I understand its a "risk" and can be "dangerous", but wanted too see if anyone did it and how it turned out. Thanks. :thumbsup:

SAS289

You could probably find tons of videos on you tube covering governor removal on these clones. You should also know that there are some who are getting up to 5K rpm's without removing the governor hardware from the engine. They are simply manipulating the throttle linkage to attain these rpm's. Have you backed out the throttle limiting screw? For my Coleman's I will not be removing the governor and will probably attempt to keep rpm no higher than 4K. If I wanted more speed and had the proper rod and flywheel I would then remove the governor. How did your mentioned mods work? Did you notice/feel the extra power?

:thumbsup: People here are very willing to help and there's a great wealth of knowledge amongst the members. Don't be worried to ask questions and look for advice(or share experiences), I just wanted to give you some heads up about where the forum stands on governor removal. (saves a lot of people from getting headaches) Have fun with your builds, can't wait to see the final product.

I just wanted to give you some heads up about where the forum stands on governor removal. (saves a lot of people from getting headaches) Have fun with your builds, can't wait to see the final product.
I'm going to toss in the proverbial monkey wrench here. We're talking about Governor removal on CLONES of HONDAS. Several vintage bikes came with the governors removed. Tote Gote Nova for one, which the poster actually owns and is dealing with now. Another bike was the Flexo Big Bear Scrambler, with the Briggs Flattie 5HP.

That tidbit of information tends to get lost in the mix, since it now seems the entire minibike world limits it's shopping to Harbor Freight and Walmart. :facepalm: