GrandPaul's intro

Howdy, folks.

I'm GrandPaul mainly because my late kid brother told me that's what I should be called by my grandkids after the first one was born, and it stuck.

I'm in Laredo (south) Texas, where we have 1 week of winter and 51 weeks of summer, on average.

I've got an extensive collection of old bikes, mainly British 60s & 70s big twins, a few classic Japanese bikes, and a half-handful of modern bikes.

I've been restoring bikes for over 40 years, professionally for about 12 years now.

I'm about to post my second post, a question regarding where to get a quote on some main & rod bearings for a 1978 Italjet M5C mini bike that a client wants restored. Google hasn't been helpful on this particular model, as it doesn't appear to be the same as any Indians.

Thanx for the forum!

I'm not engine builder..more a tinkerer..how about measuring them with a caliper and seeing size descriptions in specs of other bearings of other model bikes..or go to supply house if any to compare? If this is feasable..I'm a retired hvac/appliance tech.I've had to adapt some things..just a thought..good luck..

I need to "nail down" a parts quote for the client before I drive 450 miles to pick up the bike in order to start the teardown where I can actually put eyes on the parts...