grease and paint remover

I'm being lazy this winter, or I am trying to be lazy, anyway. I have a bunch of old engines that need old, caked on grease and paint removed from them.
I got a deal on an old commercial sand blast cabinet from a trade school. I want to find some magical chemical I can soak all of these parts in to remove as much crud and paint as possible before they go in the blaster. I plan to recycle the blast media, and grease is not in that recipe. I have a five gallon bucket of stuff for carburetors, but it doesn't hurt the paint.
Acetone? Citristrip? Ammonia?

BAKING SODA / VINEGAR AND HEAT
If you’re working with smaller items like hardware or door hinges, mixing baking soda and water or vinegar and water over a heat source is a natural way to remove paint from metal surfaces. This can be done on your stovetop with a disposable pan or pot. Add 1/4 cup of baking soda or vinegar to each quart of water and bring to a boil. Place the item in the pan and let it boil for about 15 minutes or until the paint falls off. Put on heat-resistant gloves and remove metal pieces with tongs. Use a hard-bristle brush or putty knife to scrape off any remaining paint.

Can this be right?

Triley41395

BAKING SODA / VINEGAR AND HEAT
If you’re working with smaller items like hardware or door hinges, mixing baking soda and water or vinegar and water over a heat source is a natural way to remove paint from metal surfaces. This can be done on your stovetop with a disposable pan or pot. Add 1/4 cup of baking soda or vinegar to each quart of water and bring to a boil. Place the item in the pan and let it boil for about 15 minutes or until the paint falls off. Put on heat-resistant gloves and remove metal pieces with tongs. Use a hard-bristle brush or putty knife to scrape off any remaining paint.

Can this be right?
If you see a cheap crockpot put small parts in just water in themorning, put it on high and come back in the evening and usually all the paint has fallen off. You can pick one up at a garage sale for a few bucks, put it in the garage and use it over and over. If you're doing older parts I suggest that you don't do them indoors because of lead. The rims on my Roper didn't have any lead in the paint so I done them right on the kitchen stove.

Just slow boiling in water will remove the old paint?
I'm thinking 5 horse Briggs blocks, one at a time.
I do have an old turkey fryer that would hold one.
I have an old Clinton ready for cleaning right now.

Yeah, you showed that stuff before. Too many dollars for 5 engines with all of the parts, tins and internals.
Besides the money thing, I have some breathing problems and most stuff in spray cans will suffocate me.

Crock pot is much more my speed.

I think I will get a five gallon bucket of Purple Power and soak parts in it for a couple of days. Pressure wash, then blast any paint that still bothers me. I will try the water boil though.

Triley41395

Yeah, you showed that stuff before. Too many dollars for 5 engines with all of the parts, tins and internals.
Besides the money thing, I have some breathing problems and most stuff in spray cans will suffocate me.

Crock pot is much more my speed.
I bought a old canner that I use for bigger things

For grease and "crud" removal = Ultrasonic. They make ultrasonic machines large enough to accept an entire small engine block, and if you shop around they are not that expensive.
I do this on all of the engines I rebuild before they go to the sandblaster for paint removal. You do not need any fancy (expensive) ultrasonic cleaning solutions. I simply use a lot of "Dawn Platinum" dish washing soap mixed with hot water.
Michael