Great flea Market find.

WrenchDad

Well As many of you know I've been having some problems getting my Thunderbird build off bike running. While at the flea Market today I ran across a guy that had a Tec 3.5HP that he got to use on a go kart but never got around to it. So I figured maybe I could use this engine for parts or maybe a drop in if need be. He said it ran last year but hasn't had it running yet this year but it should. He said $30 bucks. so I was reaching for my wallet and noticed the exhaust was missing so I said do you have the exhaust. He replied that He took it off but didn't know where it was. So before I could say anything else he said "you can have it for $15 bucks". I said OK and handed him the cash. I got it home ,checked the oil and gave it a shot of starting fluid. it popped twice so I put some gas in it and got nothing. I pulled the fast idle screw on the bottom of the bowl and nothing came out. I took the bowl off and the float was stuck. I tapped it a few times and it came down and seem to be OK. I put it back together gave it more gas and it fired right up, ran smooth and strong. The nice thing is it's ready to go .