Grievances/complaints/clarification

GRIEVANCES/COMPLAINTS/CLARIFICATION/SUGGESTION:

If you need any clarification of a rule, theme, category, etc., I intend to create a thread which allows for a more open discussion platform. In such a thread no silliness will be tolerated. If you post in the thread, be as clear and articulate as you can be). Do not post a picture in the thread, unless it is needed to help get a specific point across. I will attempt to read and monitor every single post, but as this grows, I may miss something. In the event that you feel I have not answered your concern, send me a pm. If you send me a pm, because you do not wish to make your statement publicly, just understand that I would (in that case) make a decision or respond, the way I feel is best, with no further input from anyone else.

Just because you make a statement or do not agree with something and you post it, that does not mean I or another representative of OldMiniBikes will agree with you and make any changes to address your concern. I cannot make everyone happy and I don't intend to. My only intention is to help to keep this area of the forum going and as smooth and fair as possible.

If you have a complaint about someones entry and feel that it does not qualify for selection, then send me a pm. In this pm, be specific, clear and to the point.

THIS IS NOT A CONTEST! THERE WILL BE NO BIKE THAT IS QUALIFIED FOR ENTRY THAT WILL BE CONSIDERED A LESS WORTHY SELECTION THAN THE OTHER. If it qualifies for the selection process and is selected, then don't hate... appreciate... and continue to participate. :)
This is the above mentioned thread.

Please keep any posting in this thread, clear, to the point and on the topic of:
Clarification
Complaint
Suggestions

that being said, if you have something logical and reasonable to post, it will definitely be considered. If you are being unreasonable, you may not get a response. Even if you dont get a response (and were logical and reasonable), your post will be read and your suggestion considered.

Please do not use this thread to comment on specific bikes or build, unless a specific complaint is being made about that entry and its qualifications to enter.

The spirit of this area of the forum will be considered and not just to the letter of any rule or guideline. Common sense is to be used at all times.

Posts made to simply state that you agree with someone's post, or praising them for their post, will not be tolerated. Please have something to add to what is being said, or a clear and articulate rebuttal. No insults, no games, no arguing for the sake of arguing. Post, make your statement and move forward, unless further clarification is needed on your statement. As for a rebuttal, respond to what is posted and not the person posted. While some back and forth will be allowed (as most of us are adults) I will delete any post, I feel does not fit the spirit of this area of the forum!

Last edited:
MOTM is running well and smoothly... any grievances, complaints, suggestions, or clarification needed... feel free to post up in here. All unnecessary posting, or insults will be deleted...

Thanks,
Gerald-LSC

Sorry for the delay. I did not anticipate that it would take me this long to get back to it... but anyhow, I will have the section updated today (later) and get caught up... with pms etc. I will allow for more time to enter a bike for Feb.

we r back up and running... the delay is due, for the most part, to my fight against cancer and recovery... I had another surgery recently and it is a very rough road to recovery... a selection has been made for March.... I am going to make another selection for April (to get caught up all the way)... and we will continue back on schedule on April 1st (for May's entries).

Speedy recovery and thanks again for moderating this forum!
thank you!

There hasnt been "that much" participation, as far as entries in the past... I am one to show appreciation for those that do participate. MBOTM has been running smoothly since we fired it up again. I have a few ways I am going to be making this section of the forum funner for those that do participate (incentives). Those that dont, or feel its a waste of time, will simply miss out!

Gerald-LSC

Things have settled into being a little more consistent the last couple of weeks... which is awesome... at this point still CANCER FREE... and needing to focus on recovering from the long term effects, or coping with the ones that wont go away... so have been working really really hard on that... and trying to keep my mind as positive as possible... you would think with a verdict like cancer FREE, at this point, that it would be enough... it is enough for me not to complain about anything and not take a second of life for granted... but it is def still a fight and that im in to win it... cope (with the long term effects of the treatment and surgeries) and keep it away is the stage im at...

that being said, I apologize for taking such a long break. I wish I would have asked someone to help with this section of the forum, while I was away, but I hadnt anticipated such a long time... and before coming back to social media (more consistently), I wanted to make sure things were at least more predictable with what im dealing with... Please allow me a a little while to get used to the new format, get caught up on any pms and get this show back on the road.

I do like to do a little bit of a write up on the bikes selected each month (or even for the year), but I will be changing the format up a little, to make it work well with the facebook side of OldMiniBikes. there will also be a few more changes, that will hopefully solicit more activity in this area of the site.

I have been working really hard in several areas, and though i have not been on social media, it didnt mean i wasnt getting anything done, or any progression... i have some projects i will share, where it is easier for me to finish them, as i am feeling better in general. will post some detailed threads, in the appropriate forum sections and ease back into participation.

thanks for all the support and well wishes, while I was "away"...

-Gerald

Yes indeed , great news to hear ! Glad to have you back in any capacity , we ain't going anywhere so take your time , your health and well being are far more important than any mini bike .

Welcome back G!! You were missed!! :thumbsup:
Couldn't have said it better!!! Welcome back G
Can't wait to see more from you.
Best post I've read in months. Welcome "back"!!

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]
Good to see you back Gerald !
Yes indeed , great news to hear ! Glad to have you back in any capacity , we ain't going anywhere so take your time , your health and well being are far more important than any mini bike .
Welcome Back G :thumbsup:
thank you all very much! going to be making a few post in the project section, during the next few minutes...

You worry about getting better first and foremost Gerald, you are in my prayers.
we r back up and running... the delay is due, for the most part, to my fight against cancer and recovery... I had another surgery recently and it is a very rough road to recovery... a selection has been made for March.... I am going to make another selection for April (to get caught up all the way)... and we will continue back on schedule on April 1st (for May's entries).

Just YAY!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
You worry about getting better first and foremost Gerald, you are in my prayers.
thank you very much... pushing myself.. have some things i need to work hard at to get done... then will keep on it! garage tidy up, welding postioner, welding cart, tig cooler, all almost done... once my garage is in order, i can sit down and relax a bit... hard to get it done as quick as I am used to... but slow and steady wins the race...