***GX Stock Carb Help***

My gx is acting weird it starts on choke but when i put it on run it turns off.:shrug: I can only open the the choke half way and give it gas to stay on. I just cleaned the carb too. Any advice would help thanks.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Did you remove the black plastic plug under the idle adjustment screw and blow some carb cleaner in there? did you take the main jet out and push the brass fuel tube out from inside the throttle bore and poke the holes in it out with a tip cleaner!

Neck

Growing up is optional
Well somewhere between the main jet and the little holes behind the throttle blade you have an obstruction! had the engine been sitting for a long time? the only other thing I can think of is you have water in the float bowl, or bad gas.

Well im just going to drain the gas and get 89 gas then change the spark plug because its brown on the end i dont know what this mean so im just going 2 change it

Have you changed to a different air cleaner from the stock one (when this started happening)? I only ask because when I went to an aftermarket air cleaner, I could only run the engine if the choke was on half way. Once I changed the jet on the carb to a bigger one the problem was fixed. A lot more air is available when the stock airbox is removed.

I don't know the correct jet range for the GX160, I have only used the clone GX200. I would think a 35 drilled jet or a around a Honda 90 jet. I would start off too rich and then lean from there.