Gx160 Build Q's

There is more than one orange spring,if its "Big Orange k079 with modified shoes around 4400-4500 rpm. As far as how hard it will hit is on the amount of power you make. It comes down to the head work. Any porting pics?

I would lower the bike and alter the wheelbase instead of wheelie bars
if becomes something needed. Also you would have improved stabilty at speed.

Ok cool! So the frame should hold up at that speed.
I gave my opinion on this in your other thread also... but IMHO the "frame" may not hold up, in its pure stock form... IMO you should reinforce at least around the engine mount... both of mine are getting new plates and some other work... one minor stretch to one and one overhaul to the frame on the other to fit the slick in the back.... but will be going over every weld and also either replacing or reinforcing the motor plate area... you can see what happened in the video and you can hear when it happened (other thread)... if i were not accustomed to an instant reaction when i "feel" something different, and kept riding or stayed in the gas, the end result could have been worse... easy fix... and would have been easier had i done it in the first place (at least the motor mount part)...

I also am having problem with the rockers. They are the 1.3 billet ones and are bottoming out of the studs.
not sure what you mean by this "bottoming out", but do you have the rocker washers?... i have the 1.3s sitting, not going with them for the head i just picked up, but had to order washers for the setup... either the roller rockers or those...

Rn I'm waiting to order a new crank cause I broke the end of the shaft while taking off the flywheel. I'm also going to buy a tilly304wx gas:shrug: is it good and do I need a fuel pump to run it. I'm getting a new carb cause if you go read my other post the 22mikuni is what I think is the problem cause it won't rev past 4000rpm.

Rn I'm waiting to order a new crank cause I broke the end of the shaft while taking off the flywheel. I'm also going to buy a tilly304wx gas:shrug: is it good and do I need a fuel pump to run it. I'm getting a new carb cause if you go read my other post the 22mikuni is what I think is the problem cause it won't rev past 4000rpm.
i dont see how the mikuni 22mm could be the problem, where it is not rev over 4000 rpm, so the throttle response is smooth all the way up to a certain point, then it stops, under 4000 rpm?

and i read the post about the guy telling you it was too rich and thought that may stop it from rev'ing higher? with that 130 main, i dont see how that would have stopped it from rev'ing over 4000 either... which coil do you have on the motor? or/and the obvious, is there a governor?

vwfan79

The 22 mikuni is not your problem, I had a very modded predator with a 22 on it with a 135 main and a 12.5 pilot and spun it 9600. I would do the 1/8 mile in 10.8 @ 63 mph spinning 8200, so that is not the issue. Did you try to advance the timing like was suggested. That is a free mod if you have a file and set of calipers.

I think that the 22mikuni may have some circuitry issues. It may be a faulty carb. Is the tilly that I was talking about better than the mikuni and do I have to have a fuel pump to run the tilly if the gas tank is above the carb. Also if any of you know where I can get a gx 160 QX2 crank from for a good price that would help out a lot. Rn I'm at a stand still on the build and tuning because of the broken crank.