gx160 head

So im contemplating swapping heads from my gx160 to the predator thats on my mini... Anyone wanna weigh in with pros/cons..i was told all i would have to do is lash the valves...gunna give me more hp too i assume?? thanks in advance:scooter:

depending on which predator you have the dowel holes may need to be enlarged in the gx160 heads.
Does it really need the dowel pins? Mine didn't line up so i pulled them with a pair of pliers. I'm running a stud kit so I assumed I was ok. Runs well without the dowels.

Depends did you check to see how much the head could move? If you move the head so the intake moves lets say .060 over so the intake is closer to the cylinder wall it could shroud it (If you had a bigger intake valve). I know people have done it and it worked OK but myself I would not run without the dowels. Don't forget that the dowels also align the head gasket with the head.

Yep I remember wiggling the head on the studs, I did center it before tightening. The gasket fit tight. Stock valves. Runs great. Still have the dowels. When I upgrade the valves and keepers I'll remedy it. Thanks, I just yanked them with no second thoughts.