Gx160

I have a GX160 stock that i just rebuilt to get it running. I have it on a mini bike frame and me and my friends just ride around town with them for hours on end. I was wondering if i take off the muffler and run just a streight pipe from the engine about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long if it will mess up my engine in any way? I would think it would wear away at my piston and the rings. If i do that, is it good for my engine? Also how loud can I get this engine?

if you're going to run a straight pipe it would be a good idea to open up the intake as well. you'll have to mess around with the jetting then too. you also don't really need a 2-3 foot long pipe.

why do you want to make it super loud? all you're going to do is draw attention to yourself and make it more likely to get busted by the cops.

straight pipe will be really loud i have a 2 stage header on my gx160 with no muffler and it sounds tough but you can hear me coming 6 blocks away . so be careful of what you wish for .and do what strigoi said get all the right stuff so you mini will run good . you don't want it be run like a briggs (loud and slow) ,sorry i just had to throw that in there LOL :thefinger: . anyway just tune it right and it will run fine it has too it's a HONDA, ha ha.

Ya i probably will get the ehaust... I havent completed the bike and seen what it really can do. So if it is to slow for my taste maybe some mods will be done. Any suggestions on easy and cheap mods for more power and speed?