H35 Rebuild

Is there a good place to find parts to rebuild one of these? Mine runs but it really needs gone through.
Ebay. Just look up the part numbers and set up auto alerts for them. Guys are always cleaning out parts stock piles and list them only by the part number they see on the box as they usually have no idea what its called or does. Its actually fun waiting for them to show up. Then again I'm pretty weird.
Or if you're a guy that doesn't know how to have that kind of fun, let me know what you need. I've got a poop ton of H35's at this time.

markus

Do you not have any numbers for the engine or part numbers for the parts? If you have no engine numbers post some pics of the of the engine, I have a few different generations of H35's here right now (rebuilding a couple right now) and can maybe give you some engine numbers to look part numbers up with. the basic stuff is pretty generalized, cross between a few models, and still very much available. blocks, crankshafts, and things of that nature can be little tougher to get new still but there are alot of them out there.

It is off of a 1971 Rupp minibike. The cover is from a HS40 so the numbers don't match the engine. It is definitely a H3 5 though.

Last edited:
By the way its funny I bought my Black Window and had the same thing your (Roadster? Scrambler?) has with the 12 in spoked wheel in front and 10 in slotted mag in back.

markus

It is off of a 1971 Rupp minibike. The cover is from a HS40 so the numbers don't match the engine. It is definitely a H3 5 though.

I'll give you 2 numbers

H35-45304h This is an actual Rupp specific H35 number from a 1970 rupp scrambler

H35-45342h This is a standard mini bike/recreational setup configuration (from a 1971 Powerdyne mini bike)

A Rupp specific H35 will be a ball bearing 3" crankshaft engine, if its off just about anything else its a bushing sidecover and like 2 7/8" shaft length sometimes 3". Since your working with kind of a Mutt bike you cant really tell until you pull the driver off the shaft to see what the seal looks like.

For the basic rebuild parts (gaskets, rings, piston, rod, etc..) they will all cross between both those numbers. The side cover seal though will be different between the 2 so once you figure that out you can just use whichever numbers fit the bill. The Rupp number are for a 1970 model so it most likely wont pull up your carburetor rebuild part numbers (they didnt invent the slanted intake yet in 1970 so they used a diaphragm carb) but the other one will......The only internal difference between these would be the crank and side covers.

Also its important to know that if it is a bearing supported crankshaft the crank seal needs to be pulled off to get to the C clip that is on the crankshaft in order to slide the side cover off. The bushing engines are not clipped in they just slide off and you pop the seal out off the engine.

on the left is a ball bearing sidecover, right is a bushing cover:

good luck with it :thumbsup:

I'll give you 2 numbers

H35-45304h This is an actual Rupp specific H35 number from a 1970 rupp scrambler

H35-45342h This is a standard mini bike/recreational setup configuration (from a 1971 Powerdyne mini bike)

A Rupp specific H35 will be a ball bearing 3" crankshaft engine, if its off just about anything else its a bushing sidecover and like 2 7/8" shaft length sometimes 3". Since your working with kind of a Mutt bike you cant really tell until you pull the driver off the shaft to see what the seal looks like.

For the basic rebuild parts (gaskets, rings, piston, rod, etc..) they will all cross between both those numbers. The side cover seal though will be different between the 2 so once you figure that out you can just use whichever numbers fit the bill. The Rupp number are for a 1970 model so it most likely wont pull up your carburetor rebuild part numbers (they didnt invent the slanted intake yet in 1970 so they used a diaphragm carb) but the other one will......The only internal difference between these would be the crank and side covers.

Also its important to know that if it is a bearing supported crankshaft the crank seal needs to be pulled off to get to the C clip that is on the crankshaft in order to slide the side cover off. The bushing engines are not clipped in they just slide off and you pop the seal out off the engine.

on the left is a ball bearing sidecover, right is a bushing cover:

good luck with it :thumbsup:
Markus do you have any pics of the c clip before you get it off. Just curious how much room you have to pull side cover off to get to the clip.

markus

Markus do you have any pics of the c clip before you get it off. Just curious how much room you have to pull side cover off to get to the clip.
I don't, there is fair amount of the space there, you have to pop a hole in the seal and pry it out-it is not reusable. once thats out all you need is some snap ring pliers to get the clip up out of the groove. the bearing stays with the sidecover, not the crankshaft.