Happy but confused.

MiniBike Paul

Bluepig, how do we get you to bring that bike to Funday #3, Sept 16th?? 1 day drive, KK might even be here, we would all sure like to see it and meet you! MBPaul

Funday

As the new guy, I am not sure what the Funday is, but if the name is descriptive, I will look into it. I assume a gathering of like-minded and type bike owners? I run the West Coast (just a name) Special Forces Group, and we do one of those every year in Vegas. No gotes, but a lot of lead, lies, and liquid. If it's close, I'm in.

Last edited:
One day drive ...

..., that it is. From Salt Lake to Vegas is 6+4 into the valley, and then a return trip. Sounds like a blast, but with my outpouring of cash into the new beast I'll have to attend in spirit. I travel to the bay area all the time for business, but my last trip to L.A. was mired by a confrontation with a bunch of worthless illegals (yep, their all worthless no matter how hard they work, how many of our jobs and money they steal, or how they bankrupt CA), so I have since abstained. Plus my truck gets a whopping 15 gallons to the mile (or something like that), and 1,400 miles would choke what remains of the Piggy Bank.

I’m going to start looking for something closer to home, but it would have been nice to see that many short-legging bikes.

Had the garage open this morning and a guy drove by. He stopped, which most don't in my area with all of the American Flags, Armed Forces bumper stickers, and security notices, and asked if he could take a look. Said he had the same bike in the late sixties and wanted to buy it now or when finished. I told him that I'm starting to fall for the old girl, and with my kids all but gone, I think I'll keep it. He did not seem to care about amount, but then we never talked specifically about a cost because of my closed end thank you. My mental tally has me at just under $1,800 when the engine arrives.

A couple more pictures.

Today the brake housing and apes are being blasted. Had a hiccup on the engine this weekend, so I don't look to have it mobile for a couple more weeks. Right now it's a large, but functional push scooter.

I have determined that my first image is not upside-down, but that the Trail Husky is actually clinging to the ceiling. These things can actually climb anything at any angle.

Last edited:
Transmission.

My daughter was fooling with the transmission this weekend and verified that the gear box is actually 2 forward speeds, and one reverse. I can imagine several situations where reverse could come in handy.

Picked up a new one today.

Again, not sure what model it is. It was advertized as a Tote Gote but it is clearly not. It heads to the blaster tomorrow. We'll see how this one turns out.

Almost done with the HH120, and the Diesel is schedule to arrive mid next week. We assembled the values, springs, tappets, crank, connecting rod, cam, put the side of the block back on, and mounted the head. Cleaned off the block with gas, and will now sand where I can reach. Paint this weekend if all goes well.

Slow, but hopefully worth it. With any luck my powder coat on the new bike will be done tomorrow. Now I've got to start the finishing touches: throttle, brake, chains, electronics, etc. If work would stop getting in the way, I'd make more headway. I'm set to pick up the seats tomorrow.

Posted some pictures at work early this week on the Trail Husky and by Wednesday I had offers for a completed and running rig. Last week I had a drive by offer on the frame, tires and transmission. This is my second and third go at offers, but I am so far from selling, and getting further the closer I get to startup.

Now that I'm close, I'm going to start looking into Gotefest in Santaquin. I've got a big test on the Third, so that next weekend would be a great getaway.

Got the engine, and to my surprise the dimensions were listed wrong on the Ebay site. It is NOT 16" tall, but rather 16" wide. It is actually 19.5" tall, which will not work on this frame. So I've decided to keep the engine and build something around it. So the old Tecumseh will now go back in the Trail Husky.

Thanks for the invite to Gotefest in Santaquin. Although I was only able to make it for a little over an hour, it was nice to meet a few of the folks. The wife and I had plans at noon. She only gets a few weekend days off per month on the weekends, and we like to do a sitdown lunch and a movie (the new Bourne is pretty good). Maybe longer next time.

Randy

Last edited: