Harbor Freight pulls a fast one!

pomfish

Anyone else notice the sleazy additional warranty information that HF put in the box of the new Predators?

They are now saying that the 2 year warranty indicated in the manual is incorrect and the warranty is now only 90 days.
This is nothing more than a blatant attempt to sell extended warranties.
Well, they never took that description off the side of the box and as far as I am concerned, they will have to honor the 2 year warranty.
When they introduced the Predator they had this big description bragging up all the improvements and features and also made specific mention of the 2 year warranty.

Now, where do they tell you this information BEFORE buying the engine? Bogus sleazy business practices as all this is.

I say, Prove that slip was in my box.
Later,
Keith

toomanytoys

I agree that's shady of them

But as said above it's 100 bucks. Blow it up buy another. The way we all are it probably didnt blow up from normal use

pomfish

I agree that's shady of them

But as said above it's 100 bucks. Blow it up buy another. The way we all are it probably didnt blow up from normal use
Yeah, I hear ya.
I have never had a problem with any of the HF clones, I just hate sleazy bean counters that cause things like this to take place.

The new Predators run better right out of the box than the old blue ones. No more surging.
I will probably go get another one tomorrow.

im pretty sure harbor freight feels the same way about people who bought a clone motor, removed or disabled the governor, blew the motor to smithereens, and returned it for another one under "warranty".

it sucks it goes down like this, but it is equal parts of both sides of the spectrum.