Headlights and Tail lights/brake light for sears roper

I apologize if someone has started this thread before. As usual I can't find it if they did. I want to put a vintage headlight and tail light/brake light on my sears roper. I've seen places that sell parts that look right for the vision I have, but I'd also like some suggestions. The problem is my engine doesn't have a lighting coil and I haven't seen any aftermarket jobbers in a google search. I see people post pics with these set-ups but they don't mention how they did. Anyone who has any input or general terminology that'll help me find it in google will be newest hero. High five!

markus

Back in the day they offered a battery operated setup that came with headlight, taillight, and a battery box that you mounted to the frame somewhere. Sort of like a bicycle light set only a little bigger and supposedly tougher. My 1962 gokart cycle is supposed to be setup this way, I have some of the parts.

These setups in theory were similar to the vintage lantern/safety lights they used to sell. I started looking at them online thinking I may be able to make something work with one of those. I bought this one this morning at a swapmeet, Its not really the one I had in mind as they have ones with bigger headlights that are single post mounted. But it was only a couple bucks and well, its bad ass lookin' for display:thumbsup:

On your bike, some of the actual lighted versions had a big battery box welded onto the front of the motor plate. I do not know if the engines had charging capabilities or not. If your lucky enough to find the lighted version sissy bar for it it will have the light/plate mount on it. They used the standard round trailer style light like this:

they are hard to find in chrome, but under 20 bucks in black. I had one in my hand at the swapmeet that was black plastic, but the guy thought it was gold plated. Headlights can be found that are very similar to the originals as well all over ebay too. I'm not sure the dia of the light off the top of my head, but you want a single post mount the mounting block style works the best with the mini bike frames, or you can use mount kits for the forks for side mount lights (I just so happen to have a set for sale in the classifieds:smile:)

Thanks for the reply. In reference to the sissy bar...I hate when people think they're stuff is worth a fortune when it just isn't. I went to look at a Tecumseh engine awhile back and the guy wanted $250 for it and it wasn't even working. Then two days ago I found one that was brand new for $75. Just one of those "gotta keep looking" kinda things.

Hopefully you have what I need in your classified.