Heald VT-8 bits the dust.

After 4 hours of driving, I picked up this as a donor VT-8 bike for my VT-5 bike. I made quick work out of dismantling it. Frame is headed for scrap yard along with the wheels. Unless some wants it before I go to the scrap yard. This bike was rusty. I did get the transmission I need for my VT-5 along with a HM80 with the lighting coil and some fenders and handle bars that were in really good shape other than some rust on them, and they do not fit the VT-5. I guess I got some items to sell on eBay to recoup my money spent on buying it.

Pay the shipping its yours. I have to look at it to see if it works there is a wire holding it to the frame. But its still free if you want it.

Let me pull the chain of the rear sprocket it is stuck to it, Its is in the back of my truck right now and it is getting dark out, I now I,m a NW Ohio hillbilly or flatlandbilly since it flat as a pancake were I live. I throw all my crap in the back of my truck, I had to unload some of of it to get this VT-8 back home today. If not I have a 60 tooth 40/41 chain sprocket on the VT-5 I have that is good but I bought a new one from Ron Kimball. I,m like new stuff when i redo a bike.

Since I have a interest in the fenders I will take 50 each plus shipping cost for the front or rear fender, Rear will come with the fender mounting bracket, They are both very solid but have surface rust on them. That's the only reason I bought this bike because the fender were also good I almost walk away from it. The guy didn't want to budge on his price because he knew comet went out of business and thought the transmission pieces was worth the money he was asking for it even though they were junk.

Last edited:
The front rim has a hole in it you can throw a cat though. And there rear not much better, My VT-5 is a rust free frame. Whats left of it is yours, If you want it buddy! Come and get it. I got the fenders and handle bars available for purchase too.

The front rim has a hole in it you can throw a cat though. And there rear not much better, My VT-5 is a rust free frame. Whats left of it is yours, If you want it buddy! Come and get it. I got the fenders and handle bars available for purchase too.
Yea My rims were shot too. I got Ron Kimball to make me new hubs and bought some wheels and tires (new Off Ebay) You have the hardest find parts. I am not financially able to build another Bronc at the moment or I would take you up on that in a heartbeat Bro :thumbsup:

I do not think a 8hp will fit in the VT-5 frame, I will hold on to the 8hp engine it has the lighting coil and look to be cast iron sleeve. I have a H70 and some H50 I can run in the VT-5.

I got a fork if someone wants it, There a little bent and someone tack the lower legs to the upper tree only in a small area. With some time and effort you could make them work for a rider. Lots of platina on them.:laugh: