Heavy machinery

Anyone here into vintage heavy machinery? If so, I have a deal for you! I have an International TD-20 bulldozer/highlift. It weighs a little shy of 23 tons. It is probably worth more in scrap, but is too cool to take a torch to. It has been sitting for quite a while, but is restorable. It has a compound diesel engine that starts on gas, then switches over to diesel once warmed up. Its in Foristell, Missouri and you will need to bring a BIG truck. I'll get pictures the next time I get home.

So are you giving it away ? whats the story?

I have a friend that could most likely come and get it and he would try very hard to put it to use.He works on a farm and is into old big tractors and equipment.

No, I don't want to give it away. I've had offers to on it, but all wanted to cut it up for the metal. I want it to go to someone who would restore it for what it is, much like the guys' mindset on this forum. I thought maybe someone here would be into it. I'll move on to one of the old tractor websites.

I didnt really think you'd give it away so thats why I asked whats the story.:lol:

Anyway the guy I know likes that type of old cool heavy machinery.

I bought it years ago and used it to build an airstrip and a couple of ponds. Its too large to keep transporting. The last time it was moved, it cost me 5 bucks a mile. I took an assignment out of town and never got back to it. I really didn't have any worry of anyone stealing it, so it just sat. It is parked in the middle of the family room of the house I want to build, so its gotta go. I just hate to see it melted down and exported to make Chinese junk for Walmart. There is enough metal in this one dozer to make every minibike ever mentioned on this website! It weighs roughly 55,000 lbs, at least that is on the manifest for the last time it crossed the scales.

As big as my arse is, I need to! I'd love to have one of these iddy biddy minibikes you guys are messing with, I'd just hate to have it surgically removed every time I tried riding it!

Id like to take that and park it on my subdivsion street that would rock the local polices sh**!

Police: WTF who put this here?:doah:

And when they call to have it removed I be the one picking it up because i do the local police towing! So it would be harmless fun I guess!:hammer:

I could use it to knock down a old house I own out in jackson its old and was real cheap with 10 acres

What are you looking to get for it scrap went down a little lately! And of Course I wouldnt scrap it I just wondered what your offers are to scrap it! ballpark?

I live in MI but a road trip with my road tractor and lowboy wouldnt be to bad if the price is right!

All that scrappin talk is makin me sad,im an engineer,that thing is probably better than newer equipment unless it has some major expensive problem,it could be used for years to come.Ive ran stuff from the fortys and fifty that just kept on going when newer stuff crapped out after just a little while.:sadcrying4:

Its very powerful, but gives you quite a workout. About two hours and you are ready to get off of it. You feel like that little guy behind the curtain on the old "Wizard of Oz" movie. This thing has two or three levers for every arm and leg that you have.

Anyone here into vintage heavy machinery? If so, I have a deal for you! I have an International TD-20 bulldozer/highlift. It weighs a little shy of 23 tons. It is probably worth more in scrap, but is too cool to take a torch to. It has been sitting for quite a while, but is restorable. It has a compound diesel engine that starts on gas, then switches over to diesel once warmed up. Its in Foristell, Missouri and you will need to bring a BIG truck. I'll get pictures the next time I get home.
I grew up around antique farm machinery and stuff. We were the kings of the tractor show. We even used to take the hit and miss powered train from our farm and a little section of track grandpa assembled that was portable... If you ever make it out this way :wink: I'll take you over there for a ride on the train. Uncle Carl gets it out every year still.. It's only like 4 miles away back country roads.. Heres out 1896 steam trencher, train, my Massey Harris Wallis
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

i bet your dozer ends up at some contracting co,or
Architecture place,out front with new paint,in all its former glory,as a statment of how
solid the co is,at least i hope!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

i also grew up around farm drainage equiptment but nothin that old have ya ever herd of or been over to le sueur mn. for the pioner power show they have all kinds of steam equeptment & thrashing stuff