Hello and asking for help!

Hello Everyone,

I would like to thank everyone ahead of time for such an incredible wealth of information. This site is incredbile! I need your help identifying my mini-bike. I bought this back in 1987, gave it to a relative in 1990, he then gave it to a relative and twenty some years later, I finally got it back this December. My little girl wanted to ride one, so I was fortunate enough to get it back. It took me about three days to get it running and get it back to its original condition. I did not need to rebuild the engine, just fabricate some throttle pieces, & choke pull and clean out the varnished tank. The tires are also original, only had to spring for a tube in the rear tire. All in all, it runs great, yes I had to change the paint color for my little girl. So if you can help I.D this make/model, I would be greatful. I did spend a few days searching the pics on this site, never did find one with handle bars sitting on adjustable risers like mine and a crossbar on the bars. Again thanks!

Huh? Alexander Reynolds, Ok thanks Waynelass.

But I never replaced the bars and bought them just like that and no one changed them out. Is the engine definitely a Briggs from 87?

ranger

alexander renyolds ,the bars look like there off a bmx bike

Waynelass is correct about the handlebars they came out in the mid 80's their known as CW's for what i can remember I had bought that same exact pair for my Diamondback bike back in the day from the Schwinn Shopp

OK, so the frame is A.Reynolds for sure, thanks for the ID.

The bars I am not sure of, but that engine is the original and an 87' the stamp along side the engine that I included in the pic is off the original engine. Even the clutch is still original, along with the chain. But again thanks for ID'ing the make of mini for me.

another ?

I just googled CW bmx bars from the 80's, they still dont look like the ones on my mini. The CW or Bmx bars from the 80's I see on ebay , have a top brace only, and not a top and flat bar mid brace like the ones on my mini-bike.

I am not trying to split hairs, but I bought the bike here in Florida in 87/88 and that is just the way it came, engine, bars, chain, tires and all, even the kill switch.

Did you buy the bike BRAND NEW!!! from the store in 87... THEN someone changed the seat at some time?? :shrug:

OR... did you BUY the bike in 87, AFTER it's been around and changed for 20 years PRIOR to your owning it?? :shrug:

Because it definately looks as everyone has told you...

The forks are BADLY bent, and should be straitened before letting your daughter drive it.. :scooter: That makes handling a real issue.. :glare:

I would say it's a AR that someone fixed up before you got it.. Those bars never (belonged to) an Arco.....

ALTHOUGH in the 80's, it wasn't hard to buy a brand new bike like a Manco or Charger or something, that is just a knock off an older design, just slightly different.. :anon.sml:

Did you buy the bike BRAND NEW in 87?? :shrug:

mybiz

Here is a few more. Some models had the removable handlebars. You can see on all of these they had the rear springs built into the frame.:shrug:
Here is a totally original EZ Rider.:thumbsup: Oh and your clutch cover is original. Compare your bars to these..

Yes, thanks I did buy the bike new in 87'.

I just finished searching the photos on this site and saw KEZ-0021 A.Reynolds and it looks exactly like his bike. I need to see more photos of his bike.

Yes, I see now the fork tubes do look bent, I drove the bike myself and didnt seem to be a problem but I will definitely look at them more closely, thanks.

I still have the original seat, But wanted to extend the seat pan so I changed it out and reup it myself , not the best work, but hey it was my first seat remodel. :smile:

Yes, thanks I did buy the bike new in 87'.

I just finished searching the photos on this site and saw KEZ-0021 A.Reynolds and it looks exactly like his bike. I need to see more photos of his bike.

Yes, I see now the fork tubes do look bent, I drove the bike myself and didnt seem to be a problem but I will definitely look at them more closely, thanks.

I still have the original seat, But wanted to extend the seat pan so I changed it out and reup it myself , not the best work, but hey it was my first seat remodel. :smile:
Welcome to the site!:thumbsup: It's certainly an Arco, I have three and they're good bikes to have. If we were neighbors I'd straighten the forks for a few bucks, I use an upright press and a series of blocks and get em straight as new. You have the ultra high speed units on there, many machines sport that look from inexperienced riders and poorly maintained brakes. :thumbsup: Nice bike!

Supernova,

Thanks for the warm welcome and again to all who chimed in thanks for the help in ID'ing it as an ARCO.
I intend on tyring to straighten out those forks, wished I was closer to OK, but way I am way down here in S.Fla. Any ideas on how to straighten them out without a press?

Supernova,

Thanks for the warm welcome and again to all who chimed in thanks for the help in ID'ing it as an ARCO.
I intend on tyring to straighten out those forks, wished I was closer to OK, but way I am way down here in S.Fla. Any ideas on how to straighten them out without a press?
You're welcome!:thumbsup: I've seen every conceivable way tried but a press is the best method. Try a local shop that has a press, I've been dragging mine around for years somehow. Survived two divorces and several moves. I suggest finding one or somehow getting access to one, they have one on sale at HF for $99. I've seen em run over with a car, pulled with a truck, come along etc. and those things can create more damage than they fix. Find a shop!:thumbsup:

S.Nova,

thanks for the info, I was just at H.F. yesterday. I will check out the press sometime this week, if not I will search for a shop, but I am not too familiar with any worthy South, Fla machine shops. Anyone live in the S.Miami area and can recommend a shop to straighten out forks?

wow, thank you! Jim H.

that is exactly what my bike looks like, do you have a side shot of your bars? They look very similar to mine and I would love to see a pic if you could upload one.

Thanks,

Steve