Hello from Central Oregon

Just wanted to say hi from central Oregon. Myself and a couple other friends bought some Baja DB30's when they were $199 at Joes this winter. One has a new 6.5HP Briggs with a TAV-2. The other two are waiting for 7.5HP 250cc Briggs motors. Already have the TAV-2's for those. Should be getting the motors soon, along with some back ordered knobby tires.

They sure are a hoot in the snow. The 205 is quite the hill climber. Can't wait for the 7.5's. They have another 3.25 ft/lbs of torque.

Already done allot of research and learned quite allot. Thanks!

Oldsalt

Beautiful area. Believe it or not you are probably the OldMiniBikes member closest to me! Even then it's still a pretty good drive. I'll be driveing through in a week or so on my way to Calif.

1stlegendtx

Bend Oregon seems like a great place. I have stayed overnite there a couple of times and really liked it. Looks like there would be a lot of places for trail riding.

Welcome to the site, I lived in Redmond back in the early 90's. I worked at a little mill called Redmond Wood Products. Also luve to eat at the Big O.

There are lots of trails, makes it nice to go riding. Have a canal road out the back door from work (which is where the bikes are at the moment) so it makes rides after work nice and easy!

Been living here for just about all my life (only 26 years) and it sure has changed a lot in the last 5 years. Not just Bend, but the whole area really. Places where I used to ride my Honda SL 125 are now housing developments. Going to build condos at the old trap club. Turned the mill into a shopping district. Can't say its bad, just different!

There are lots of trails, makes it nice to go riding. Have a canal road out the back door from work (which is where the bikes are at the moment) so it makes rides after work nice and easy!

Been living here for just about all my life (only 26 years) and it sure has changed a lot in the last 5 years. Not just Bend, but the whole area really. Places where I used to ride my Honda SL 125 are now housing developments. Going to build condos at the old trap club. Turned the mill into a shopping district. Can't say its bad, just different!
What about the area just out of town were the Bird Man of Redmond use to live? We used to get real drunk and go 4x4ing by there.

PS Do you know Becky Dunken?

Last edited: