Help! Barn rescue Mini Bike, Any ideas?

I found this mini bike in a barn and bought it yesterday. I have no idea what it is. Clinton 2.5 hp 2 cycle that looks to be original. Oval plate on front was the owners initials and looks after market. He died and his wife has no clue what it is. Belt drive, foot pedal brake on front wheel, handle bars have pins that when removed allow the bars to fold in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I search through pictures for hours but couldn't find anything that resembled it. Thanks in advance.

Give it a week or so, someone might be able to help identify it. There is a particular member on this forum "Wayne" who might be able to help if he sees this thread :thumbsup:

markus

way cool, another one of those magazine build bikes, and here in FL to boot:thumbsup: Looks like it built a little more according to speck than the last one that showed up earlier this year, nice!

^^^^ man that's it right down to the oval fork plate....handlebar configuration is exact, that dude did follow the plans...

SimpleTom cannot be stumped!!!! :bowdown:

I don't have any Science and Mechanics....Popular Science and Popular Mechanics I can do.......:thumbsup:

Last edited:

every issue of Popular Mechanics and Pupular Science from 1949 -1965...with some oddballs before and after...got them all about 25 years ago from this old timer who lived in town who was a violin maker and kept a subscription to both for almost 30 years. Even the bookcase is 60+ years old...

Hey maybe we'll start a thread for the cool articles found in these......