Help Identify

Well hell... That's a 3 wheeled death machine. :eek: :scared: :lol:

Pretty cool looking trike you have there. Looks like it might be a real wheelie-machine. Be carefully trying to turn. Might be a bit light in the front end & prone to skipping instead of turning.

I also believe the rear end was flipped so the person could make it a direct drive. (Sprocket looks like it should be on the other side).... I am sure it is not an origianl engine. The one on it comes up as a 6bs Briggs. 1.5 horse power made between 1955 and 1958... Gonna toss that one...lol

I wuld't toss the old briggs some one might want to use for old mini rest post in OldMiniBikes classified or ebay get pt of your funds back where you located:smile:

If those rear tires arn't junk and hold air they work good on sand might ebay or craigslist Dom't know what kind of tires you want but you might hit up mower repair shops for rear tires off blown up riders they come in all sizes should be reasonable in price or your local scrap dealer lot of old riders end up there scrap yards sometimes good source of used supplies for fab work

Last edited:
Well hell... That's a 3 wheeled death machine. :eek: :scared: :lol:

Pretty cool looking trike you have there. Looks like it might be a real wheelie-machine. Be carefully trying to turn. Might be a bit light in the front end & prone to skipping instead of turning.
Actually it will turn on a dime. Most had a differential and two rear brakes "which yours has" You'll be fine.
Randy

I agree with Randy on that trike 90% of the weight is forward of the axle and it takes a lot of HP to lift the front end. As for turning with even just band brakes it should turn real nice. As for what tires to use that really depends on what your riding area is going to be. If your on a wide variety of surfaces then a Carlisle Tire with a Multi-Trac tread is very universal and comes in lots of different tire widths and diameters. The tires you have may be great for mud and sand but do have a lot of drag. So tire selection on a small HP machine is very important.
Steve :scooter:

O.K. Now that I have that one stripped down and sending out to be sand blasted and painted. I picked up some sort of an ALSPORT... I think it may be an RTS-8 But I want to make sure. I need to know where to get info and parts. Looks pretty much complete except for non origianl engine and plastic needs to be replaced or ............ How can I post more pics? So someoen can tell me what this one is for sure. Randy

Tri-Sport information

O.K. Now that I have that one stripped down and sending out to be sand blasted and painted. I picked up some sort of an ALSPORT... I think it may be an RTS-8 But I want to make sure. I need to know where to get info and parts. Looks pretty much complete except for non origianl engine and plastic needs to be replaced or ............ How can I post more pics? So someoen can tell me what this one is for sure. Randy
As for the Tri-Sport body you will best try to repair the body that you have they are a vacuum formed plastic material with fiberglass backing. Alsport made two frames that were fully suspended in the RTS series and your machine is the larger of the two.
They were a good machine but later models had some changes made for rider safety the big one was a better bracket system for connecting the two radius rods to the front of the frame. Send me a private e-mail and I can give you a connection for some parts located in Pennsylvania
Steve :scooter: