Help me find a cable

Hey guys, I need a little help. I’ll be the first to say I’m picky. But I need some help finding a throttle cable for my bike. I really like the plastic coated braided stainless cables. I keep looking for one in motorcycle catalogs, but am not fining the right one. I have a dirt bike twist grip throttle going to a mikuni vm22 carb. I’d like to have a 90 fitting into my grip and straight into the carb. Somewhere around 35”. I’m not familiar with motorcycle models so a specific one is tough to find. The generic ones I’ve seen on eBay are junk.

thanks a lot!

You’ll probably have to piece that stuff together....I’d get a cable close to 35”....with a 90 if that is what you wish....cut to your custom length and solder new end on....about a 20 minute job...

I have never soldered an end on. I do have the inner cable as part of the NR Racing Mikuni kit. What about the barrel end? Can I use the screw on type?

I’m not sure what the “screw on type” is....Id leave the barrel end alone and cut the slide end....it’s not a hateful job... I had never did this before 2-3 months ago, now it’s simple non thinking task....measure measure then measure...mark then measure again then cut....

Hey guys, I need a little help. I’ll be the first to say I’m picky. But I need some help finding a throttle cable for my bike. I really like the plastic coated braided stainless cables. I keep looking for one in motorcycle catalogs, but am not fining the right one. I have a dirt bike twist grip throttle going to a mikuni vm22 carb. I’d like to have a 90 fitting into my grip and straight into the carb. Somewhere around 35”. I’m not familiar with motorcycle models so a specific one is tough to find. The generic ones I’ve seen on eBay are junk.

thanks a lot!
Flanders offers lots of cable, sheath, fittings and stops. Their website is a bit difficult to navigate. The last time I visited with them on the phone they were really helpful.

The only problem with ordering a pre- measured cable is Flanders or motion pro or Barnett is the cost plenty...$30 and up....I’ve seen coated braided stainless throttle cables $60 each....then you’ll have to hope you measured correctly the first time because no returns on customs cables....then you’ll probably end up cutting and soldering a $60 cable rather than a $10 cable....just a bit of non solicited advice....take it or leave it....I guess $30 isn’t really that much for a mini bike throttle cable....

joshua. c.

what I did on my bike is I took a standard OldMiniBikes warehouse cable and cut it to size then used a 30 cent in line electrical crimp connector I found at the hardware store to act as the barrel. It was just a tiny bare metal tube less than 1/8th an inch long just barely larger than the cable. It's been working great for 2 years now. its sized perfectly to fit in the slot cut into slide of the carb that is made to catch the barrel.