Help needed with HS40 Throttle linkage

Hey guys, I need a little help here. I'm lost as to what I should do for hooking up my throttle linkage. The engine (I think) is an HS40 in a '72 Rupp roadster 2.

I have absolutely no linkage parts and would love to get this little beast up and running again.
I went ahead and purchased a new upper governor linkage set (Ebay Link), but I'm not sure what to do for the throttle control to governor arm's connection (Pic 2).

If there are any parts of the linkage that I have missed please feel free to let me know.

Thanks! :smile:
Raylit20

From the pictures it looks like you were only missing the throttle rod and spring. Here is a picture with some linkage configs to give you a better idea of what you need. Hope this helps.

Also just wanted to point out that the spring does NOT go over the top of the carb like the pic shows.

mybiz

parts

you can get 1 of these at rupp.com or 1 of the rupp sites if anyone knows where to get1 cheaper tan $27.00 let me know

Last edited:
The one thats shown is a #730136A, the prefered type is a 33282 but you can't find them anymore:thumbdown:
But the 730136A is readly available.

Randy

All you really needed was a bicycle spoke and two springs (gov and return spring)

Both could be found at home,,,,,your brother won't know you clipped a spoke off his bike. :laugh::stuart::laugh:

Looks like you have a snowblower carb.

Last edited: