Here's one for fun...

milo

I don't even know what company or brand it is yet but we got time.
What ever it is it's getting done up,,:thumbsup: I've been looking through pictures for one like it and haven't seen another yet. Check the gussets and centerstand..

It's a Bird. looks like the Penneys type. The Sears ones had pullback handlebars. Penneys called them Foremost, but Bird made them.

Wish I could get something like that to follow me home!!! Good find! Sure looks like an antique, That sure does have a small sproket on the back, you going to try it like that before you change it, wonder how fast it would go?
Good luck with your clean up and rebuild.
dave

milo

Excellent excellent, Good eyes there! Did some Foremost searching and found a few including one linking back to here. Not sure about the small sprocket either, seems way small. On the other side of the rear hub is what I think was an original sprocket that appears to have sheared off its mount.

The gold one belongs to a member here:thumbsup:

Last edited:

milo

.. useing Rustmort out of a spray bottle to get a jump on rust right off the bat.. I don't see any mounts for a spring type seat ...I like the simple plain look too. Getting drawn in:eek:ut:

I'm aiming kinda towards the look of the one in the last pic

Last edited:

milo

You have a webcam?? is it public?
Best move I ever made was a Garagecam,
It would be cool to see more of them ...

garagecams.com

They can help put pressure on ya to get things done. :hammer:I'm so lazy by nature it seems I want to sleep till noon , watch tv, and put things off like a true
sloth-master-hammock..

The mini bike is a few projects deep but it's on the radar screen so it'll get done. It started I would browse around here checking on everyones project and then before I knew it as if out of thin air this little mini appears.

Learning from some of the others on the board the importance of getting the ole lady to think it's a form of recreation that will add to the relationship:thumbsup:

I thought I'd seen your bike somewhere!!!

Yep, I think they are related, mine had this neat bracket that holds the calipar, took some tooling to get the china version of a calipar to fit but it works great, now to keep her stashed til trial day, so my friends won't want to ride her, and get that new 6.5 all dirty, I think when I first saw your bike, was before i went to the paint store, and selected the pink for my bike, which will be up for sale soon.
dave

Last edited:
Excellent excellent ..
breaking it down and cleaning what will clean,
and straightening what will straighten..

A little heat on the outside of the bend ...

willl make it want to shrink/ bend the right way as it cools
with a push and a pull of course :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Using some Aircraft brand paint stripper will get some of the dirtywork done before sandblasting next weekend.

Last edited:
be sure to show your girlfriend this thread so she'll know she is not the only female that likes bikes :thumbsup:

Then covering with plastic will keep the fumes in and help the stuff work.