HF carb issues

I got the HF 6.5 to fire on starting fluid.
I took off the carb and it was a mess. May be the worst I have seen. It was full of what looked like mud.

I took it apart, cleaned it and reinstalled.

No change.

I tooke it apart, cleaned it and resinstalled.

Still no change.

Is there some secrete passageway I cannot see?
Is there an affordable replacement that doesnt cost $90 and come with a free engine?

I would but it is a bit of a stretch. The guy who gave it to me painted it black. left it out long enough for it to completely fade.

jprice

OldMiniBikes.com
i would check the gas tank also,you may have something blocking fuel flow,if there is crap in the carb there may be some crap in the tank and lines also?
you can disconnect the fuel line at the carb and get a cup and turn on the fuel make sure you have a nice flow
i guess if all is good there ,you can pm hent and see if he can get you a clone carb instead of the honda carb,would be a little cheaper if ya ana go that route...
keep us posted ..

I did check the tank it's good.
I blew air into the carb from the fuel line. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Now the carb is leaking. I have not looked to see if it is the bowl gasket or something else.

I will send the PM.

Thanks

It's a free engine ! I would not complain, look at your choices buy a new one for $89 at HF or buy a new carb for $45 plus the shipping ,I know what I would do . Harbour freight opens at 8am :thumbsup:.

I was all set to buy one this afternoon...then I got it started.

I had to push the goverenr back by hand and it started right up.
THe spring that was on it was not stock.

I called the local mower shop and ordered a new spring. I think there is some tuning to do but it should get it close.

yeah, nice to get a win once in a while.

There still may be issues. It may need some adjusting but I am not going to touch it until the spring comes in.