HF Clone pulse fitting question

I know they make pulse fittings that thread into (one of) the oil fill holes for Briggs and the yellow clone.
Does anyone make one like that for the blue clone?

Yep, that's what I'm after but was confused because I've seen some ads say "For Briggs" or "For Honda or Yellow clone" and was wondering if there was a thread difference between the blue and yellow clones as the ad seemed to be specific as to what fit.
Thanks!.

Last edited:
Doesn't make business sense, though.
If it'll fit the Blue, why not say so?
By giving the impression it'll only fit Briggs or the Yellow motor, you miss out on sales to people who have the Blue motor.
I'd much rather have a fitting in a hole that's already there than to drill one in my valve cover.

Doesn't make business sense, though.
If it'll fit the Blue, why not say so?
By giving the impression it'll only fit Briggs or the Yellow motor, you miss out on sales to people who have the Blue motor.
I'd much rather have a fitting in a hole that's already there than to drill one in my valve cover.
I totally agree with you on both counts. I was thinking of going this route on an engine of mine that I didn't drill before I assembled it. I'm not sure i'll need it, but it never hurts.

I have HF Blue clone and Briggs Animal. The alum pulse fitting you linked on ebay is only for the Briggs IMO.

If you don't know how to install pulse from rocker cover check out this link ARC Racing

I have done 2 this way, have to be careful to get hole in proper position, but once installed works great. :smile:

I have HF Blue clone and Briggs Animal. The alum pulse fitting you linked on ebay is only for the Briggs IMO.
I only say what I said becuase I have tried interchanging them....
--The animal comes with a yellow cap that is up in the top oil fill hole where this pulse fitting goes.
--That yellow cap that I took out of that hole is now in a clone side cover oil fill hole.
--The pulse fitting in the ebay auction fits in the same hole that the yellow cap was in on the Animal.

Deductive reasoning can only lead me to believe they all have the same thread pitch since they interchanged perfectly. :shrug:

Well, I guess I didn't do a good job of explaining.

The Animal has 3 holes with yellow caps: 2 are lower like the HF Blue clone and 1 is up higher. You can fit the higher hole with a pulse fitting and works well.

If you use one of the lower holes for pulse fitting, it will probably suck too much oil and not work very well. Same on the HF Blue clone engine, the 2 lower holes will probably not work very well.

I have not tried it, may work, but was advised not too. Appears mmisterbungl has done it with success, so works for him, maybe for you too. :)

no i was merely saying that the threading is the same. I do not run the pulse fitting on my clones through the oil fil, only the animal. You may very well run into the oil issue down lower, who knows?

Upon further review- Seems the Briggs/Yellow/Blue issue is as much about diameter as thread pitch. I pulled the trashed Briggs off the shelf and compared the oil fill caps of it and my Blue motor. While the threads appear to be the same, the Briggs cap is a CH bigger. The Blue cap will fit the Briggs (being slightly smaller) while the Briggs cap is too big to start in the Blue motor. Don't have access to a Yellow to check it.
The main reason I asked is as the Kart motor is stock (being as it's for the Grandkids) it didn't look like there would be much clearance between the muffler and the pulse line if the fitting was in the valve cover. In a "Duh" moment, it occurred to me that a right angle fitting will take care of that, eliminate the potential oiling problem that might be caused by using the oil hole, and also be better as it will be closer to the pump.
All this is brought about by not having anywhere near the chain adjustment I need due to the clone fuel tank hitting the chassis seat frame and limiting how much I can move it when using the original motor mounting slots. I added a ProMod adapter which helped, but only a little bit. If a bud comes through with a floor tank and pulse pump the problem will be solved as I can go back to the stock engine slots in the frame and with no stock tank chain adjustment will be OK.
I think I'm on the right path, if so I'll post pics of the "Updated Lo-Buck Special" once I get it straightened out.
Thanks for the opinion, all.

Last edited: