hh 60 Governor question

As I posted before, I am going to attempt to rebuild an HH60 that has been sitting outdoors for 10 to 15 years. I was wondering about the governor, from outside the engine, it just doesn't fell right to me, not that I know what it is supposed to "feel like". is it possible that time and whether damaged or froze something in there. how hard is it to replace the whole governor ?? are there any kits for this ?? how would I know if it is even bad before I get this engine running?? the numbers on the engine are HH60-105079E SER#3309D
Again, Thanks in advance.

Motra

The governor arm should move back and forth freely with the throttle in the low speed position and with a little spring tension in the high speed throttle position. If it doesn't move freely or at all then the throttle shaft/plate in the carburetor might be gummed-up with old gas. The length of travel of the governor arm is limited to the movement of the throttle at the carburetor, which isn't very much. They are directly connected. You can see the throttle rotate on the carburetor as you move the governor arm. The governor is a pretty simple mechanism and rarely needs to be replaced, it just needs to be adjusted properly.

Thanks Motra,

I dont have a carb for the engine yet, but it seems like when I push the governor arm with my hand it seems really stiff, I guess I'll know for sure when I get it running.

I didn't think that they ever gave too much of a problem, it sounds like a fairly simple device, but due to my inexperience I thought I'd ask, and I'm sure before I'm done I'll have plenty of other questions...lol. Thanks again guy's.