Hiawatha / Western Flyer Doodle Bug w/ Side Car Project

I have to give this project up. includes, the frame for the scooter & side car, de-rusted and painted rear wheel and hub assembly, new slick & tube, larger sprocket for #41 chain, also the original sprocket, rear axle and clip (not shown), the front fork and fender, and miscellaneous parts (not shown).

This scooter is rumored to have once belonged to the Zem Zem Shriners in Erie, Pennsylvania, however I was unable to confirm this as fact. I was told that their clown used to ride this in parades and throw candy out to the crowd.

It's rusted and going to need a complete restoration. There are drive line parts missing and I'm not certain what all will be needed.

I really don't know what it's worth and the rules state that I have to list a price, so let's start the haggling at $1500. I'm in San Antonio, Texas.

Last edited:

zeeman

Are you serious about that price, or was it a typo? I want to build a Doodle Bug, but am just in the planning stages to see what's out there for sale.

Do you really belive thats a factory side car? If so i have a honda side car i will sell for 3000! I think you been watchin too much pawn stars, realistically in that condition missing so much you would be lucky to get 300 on ebay.

I'm serious in saying "Let's start the haggling" meaning, negotiation. I have no idea what the thing is worth and the rules state to list a price, so I listed a price. Again, I am open to negotiating, I just don't want to be ripped off.

Smallbikes88, may I suggest a remedial course in reading comprehension? :smile: I clearly stated "I really don't know what it's worth." I know for a fact that it is NOT a factory side car. If this is the bike that once belonged to the Zem Zem Shriners, they built the side car for their parades.

Last edited:

vette66_00

CycleTruck this is 100% the proper way to do a post on something your not sure about price, if others cant read well that's there issue.

If you guys dont like it or intend not to buy this, stay the f&ck out off his for sale thread.

vette66_00 Thank you sir!

OK, no responses and I still have no idea how much this thing is worth ... new price - $1400 OBO.

OBO means "Or Best Offer."

Hint for potential hagglers - When you see OBO, don't offer the asking price! :thumbsup: