hillard inferno issue

i ordered a hillard inferno from OldMiniBikes. got here in two days. cool.

when i started the assembly the bearing cage diameter was larger
than the sprocket bore! not a good thing.

20170519_160710[1].jpg

it looks like the sprocket may be for a 5/8" shaft? am i missing
something here?

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
it is supposed to according to the assembly instruction but it doesn't fit.

i called OldMiniBikes and they are going to have their hillard dude call me today.

also, if you order one of these clutches they come with white and black
springs, and no weights. order a spring/weight kit when ordering as the
supplied springs kick in at 3000 to 4000 rpm.

Davis

You don't need the weights the clip springs work very well and you can stagger them to suit your needs just give that clutch a chance they work very well.

You don't need the weights the clip springs work very well and you can stagger them to suit your needs just give that clutch a chance they work very well.
thanks davis - i plan to give this clutch due diligence and a very fair shake. i am running it on a
stock :chinese: clone with governor intact. i wanted a clutch that would engage more than just above
idle, was adjustable to a point, and had bearings.

i am going to start and finish the parade this year, and maybe as a bonus, i will get to tow doug
or dave wulf back to the campground! :laugh: i think doug would tow much better than david!

Last edited:
It looks like they may have given you the drive sprocket that is stock and uses the bronze bushing. That doesn't look like the bearing style sprockets, but I'm sure you have tried installing the bearings from inside the drum and from the outside. Cant remember which way mine went in.

i tried both ways. what they are calling the race fits perfectly from both
sides. the bearing however is too large.

waiting patiently for the phone call from the expert while listening to pink floyd,
eating wings, pizza, and having a grey goose martini dirty with no ice.

Last edited:
eric from OldMiniBikes called, he is on this. sounds like a bushing sprocket was sent instead of
bearing sprocket. hillard switched over from bushings to bearings a little while ago
and some confusion did occur. but it sounds like it will all get resolved on monday
when they can ship parts.

:thumbsup: