HM80 Snowblower Engine

I picked up a compleat Tecumseh HM80 snow engine, for $50. It has the 3 wire lighted coil, but it also has a extra shaft for a second belt. Is there anything I could do to dump the second shaft for use on a Bronc?

Gunman that's a good deal for one of those engines.I own one too and have done a lot of mods to it.Does it have a 3/4" shaft? if it does your in business...if you can't find a side cover and cam to swap you can cut the small shaft off(use a hacksaw with the motor running...easiest way) the shaft will be flush with the block and there is no need to plug any holes when done.:thumbsup:

What I have done on a couple is started the engine and hacksawed it off then finished it up with a file, keep a little back from the case/seal.
Crude but it works lol
Rob

Hey Rocco you type faster than I do lol

Thanks all for the good info, the shaft is 1". That is the same size as the Bronc's shaft! I was thinking of cutting the shaft off, I was worried that the extra shaft might rub on the plate for the half shaft! Maybe I could grind it down enough so it won't, like you guys said $50 is not bad for the engine!

Hey one other question, are you guys leaving the engine together and cutting the shaft or taking it apart and taking the shaft out and cutting it?