Hobbies and other interest

Anyone else have other hobbies/interest when not working with minis? Enjoy making sawdust here. Back then one of my earliest projects was the slotted bench/table. Though the table was a mini version we still used it as a main dinner table even with all the side-to-side wobbles.

Here’s one of a more recent project. I tried to get the little guy involved and let him help with some of the finish sanding. It was something else to see a two year old working an orbital sander as if it was a piece of cake.

other hobbies/interest?

Last edited:

Oldsalt

Anyone else have other hobbies/interest when not working with minis? Enjoy making sawdust here. Back then one of my earliest projects was the slotted bench/table. Though the table was a mini version we still used it as a main dinner table even with all the side-to-side wobbles.

Here’s one of a more recent project. I tried to get the little guy involved and let him help with some of the finish sanding. It was something else to see a two year old working an orbital sander as if it was a piece of cake.

other hobbies/interest?
Beautiful piece of furnature. Always been afraid of wood because you can't weld it together! One of my hobbies is making quarter scale models of early gasolene engines. The picture shows one that I've been working on. It's a model of a 1895 Mery 6 cycle 'explosion' engine. Looks like a steam engine.

Beautiful piece of furnature. Always been afraid of wood because you can't weld it together! One of my hobbies is making quarter scale models of early gasolene engines. The picture shows one that I've been working on. It's a model of a 1895 Mery 6 cycle 'explosion' engine. Looks like a steam engine.
haha, I'm just the opposite when looking at steele and its almost a complete blank:confused: recently picked up a cheap stick welder to do mini work and must recant my earlier advice unless its for thicker gauge steele. couldn't exactly dial it in and with the lava hot weld the initial welds melted through. those scaled down models now thats the kind of hobbies any kid would have to be begging to learn more:thumbsup:

I enjoy riding racing and rebuilding my 2 stroke dirtbikes. I do it every weekend, Im in the process of rebuilding my yz250 motor and Im adding somore hop ups to it :smile: Its been a passion since I was 3

I enjoy riding racing and rebuilding my 2 stroke dirtbikes. I do it every weekend, Im in the process of rebuilding my yz250 motor and Im adding somore hop ups to it :smile: Its been a passion since I was 3
for a short while my dads suzuki 250 dirt bike was our means of getting around riding on the gas tank like tiny tots. I think that any bike that is a 250 (not bigger or smaller) kinda give me that hair on the back flashback. Hey JayQuan any pictures? always welcome here.

65ShelbyClone

I play with motorcycles, cars, computers, ride bicycles, go camping and backpacking, make my own beer, and do photography. Other interests include machining and doing crazy things with engines, turbochargers, and fuel injection.

Today I set up my dirtbike(Honda XR600R) to run on E85, for example. Tomorrow I may try to fix the flash unit for an old Olympus XA camera I got a while back.

Today I set up my dirtbike(Honda XR600R) to run on E85, for example. Tomorrow I may try to fix the flash unit for an old Olympus XA camera I got a while back.
i remember you mentioning photography awhile back i've always admired that kind of mental/spatial commitment. my brother is an artist in a different medium and does he get a kick getting paid to do what he enjoys. still new to biking (again) now that i'm the one thats actually putting the mini together. if a mini bike could be electronically tuned (without busting the bank/brain) that would really open up some doors. that efi thread makes a good read, thanks.

for a short while my dads suzuki 250 dirt bike was our means of getting around riding on the gas tank like tiny tots. I think that any bike that is a 250 (not bigger or smaller) kinda give me that hair on the back flashback. Hey JayQuan any pictures? always welcome here.
I dont have any pics of the 250 together but if you would like I can snap a few of it dissasembled.

here are some pics of my cr500 that I race, Im going to pick up a nitrous setup for it on friday.

:scooter:

65ShelbyClone

i remember you mentioning photography awhile back i've always admired that kind of mental/spatial commitment. my brother is an artist in a different medium and does he get a kick getting paid to do what he enjoys. still new to biking (again) now that i'm the one thats actually putting the mini together. if a mini bike could be electronically tuned (without busting the bank/brain) that would really open up some doors. that efi thread makes a good read, thanks.
While I am quite rusty, I do some illustration(both real and digital media), desktop publishing, and video editing. Those Olympus XAs are supposed to be excellent point-and-shoot cameras. I wouldn't bother with it otherwise. :biggrin:

EFI doesn't have to be ultra-expensive, but it usually does cost at least several hundred dollars when starting out from scratch. Oh the capabilities, though.....

I dont have any pics of the 250 together but if you would like I can snap a few of it dissasembled.

here are some pics of my cr500 that I race, Im going to pick up a nitrous setup for it on friday.
looks like some fun times. well if you gonna lay some tracks be safe:thumbsup: