Holy grail silver shadow

I feel fortunate that I've never developed the taste for exotic sports cars, expensive wines, Cuban cigars, or Rupp mini bikes.

I can see it now, me inviting one of my old hot rod buddies over and pointing out a $6000 mini bike from my "collection" to them, and watching their eyes glaze over, as they say "Dave, your Dodge is leaking tranny fluid out one of the cooling lines." "Gotta beer?" "Let's tighten that line up."
If they were a real buddy they'd help you fix it right and throw in a 4 speed:biggrin:

If they were a real buddy they'd help you fix it right and throw in a 4 speed:biggrin:
Not in a numbers matching car they wouldn't. (Build sheet, certicard, fender tag, and 49 years-worth of documentation.) That Torque Flight does very well by the way.

But you're right, they already offered their lifts. It leaks two drops after I drive it. Then no more. I can live with that for now.

I have those "S" decals that are on the frame just above the shocks, both in large and small (New Old Stock, of course). Did they only come on the Silver Shadow, or other models also? I've also got some reflective triangles, looks like they would go on headlight mounting ears but I'm not sure if they are Speedway or not.
Mark, the shocks s decals weren't used on on the '70 or '71 silver shadow. No 1970 bikes had them and as far as I know they weren't used until '72 on soft tail bikes. The small ones were used on 10" wheeled bikes and the large on 14". The triangle headlight decals were used on the removable headlight mounts on 14" wheel bikes.

Mark, the shocks s decals weren't used on on the '70 or '71 silver shadow. No 1970 bikes had them and as far as I know they weren't used until '72 on soft tail bikes. The small ones were used on 10" wheeled bikes and the large on 14". The triangle headlight decals were used on the removable headlight mounts on 14" wheel bikes.
Thanks for the info:thumbsup:

Rupp 72

Wow, the silver shadow didn't sell. And the fully loaded restored 69 Roadster didn't even break $3000 when just a few weeks ago a standard TT500 went for $4700.

toomanytoys

I can not believe how high it got. I would not pay that much cash for a mini bike. A fella could buy himself a nice dual sport, or a street bike for that price! Probably 2 or 3 used ones!

Midyrman

Selling all the bikes at the same time may have sapped some of the potential money from the prices the Bonanza and Silver Shadow may otherwise have obtained.

If only the Bonanza was being auctioned it may very well have done better.

Last edited: