Homemade headlight brackets

Minimichael

Potholes, too...yeah the shapes and material I think I'm really after for these brackets are tbd. Still just trying to get everything wired and working before spring here and the headlights were holding me up.

Did somebody say they know a good made-to-order bracket design vendor?

Minimichael

I did want the folds to pass across the triple tree plate, for that strength part. I suppose I might have cut the arcs opposite the way I did - with the crest closer to the frame.

Minimichael

Thanks, Skipp, but no, I got some steel coupons I was gonna start here, eventually. but not even sure my little workbench and vise can take the beating.

But hey do you guys think aluminum is going to show vibrations more than steel? As in, a shakey headlight beam?

Minimichael

Thanks! I found them on Alibaba back about 2020ish. They're marketed as Honda monkey/sky team fit. They fit the Arctic cat frames well, too. I do see them on eBay now and then.

Last edited:

Mr. Pink

But hey do you guys think aluminum is going to show vibrations more than steel? As in, a shakey headlight beam?
Being that the bracket is so short, I do not think that it would make any significant difference being made of steel or aluminum.

If vibration becomes an issue, I would try using rubber washers or grommets.
If you go the rubber route, you will also need to use nylon lock nuts, as you do not want to crank down and completely compress the rubber.