honda clone carb.question

MY 6.5 CLONE IS STOCK,I WILL BE REMOVING THE GOV.ADDING BETTER SPRINGS AND AN EXHAUST.
THE CARB, IS STOCK CAN I CHANGE THE JETS TO MAKE IT RUN LEANER WAY TO RICH??IF SO WHAT BRAND WILL WORK??

THANX JOHN.357:scooter:

tomsprops

I added a header and a air cleaner from AGK to my stock 6.5 clone then changed the main jet to a 90 . Which is also availible from AGK and it runs Very well !

I have ordered the 2 stage header with muffler along with the air cleaner and jet from AGK. How much of an improvement in performance did you see over the stock muffler and air cleaner? I have removed the govenor but don't run the engine above about 4500 RPM

clone carb jets

I added a header and a air cleaner from AGK to my stock 6.5 clone then changed the main jet to a 90 . Which is also availible from AGK and it runs Very well !
Hi
Is your carb the stock carb??
and what brand jet should I look for for the stock carb??
thanx

there is an adjustment screw on the side of the carb , under a little black cap turn it counter clockwise slowly that will lean out the carb you can try this before rejetting the carb.

clone adj.srew

there is an adjustment screw on the side of the carb , under a little black cap turn it counter clockwise slowly that will lean out the carb you can try this before rejetting the carb.
wow!! I did not know that,this makes me very happy that I can at least try to get a bit better perf.before spending $$ to change carb..

Thank You!!

buy a carb. it made a huge difference on my 5.5 clone. it was 100% worth the $50 it cost me for the carb, intake and shipping.

i wouldn't even waste my time with a stock carb anymore.

clone

buy a carb. it made a huge difference on my 5.5 clone. it was 100% worth the $50 it cost me for the carb, intake and shipping.

i wouldn't even waste my time with a stock carb anymore.
I tend to agree,you must think I am out of my mind,trying to decide on a carb here??

Thanx again JF

My understanding is that the adjustment screw on the side of the carb is the low speed/idle adjustment...
the only way to get less fuel "at speed" is to rejet.

If you are going to get a different/better air filter and exhaust your going to need a larger jet .036 and the idle jet to .024.

More later,
Gundy

clone adj.screw

My understanding is that the adjustment screw on the side of the carb is the low speed/idle adjustment...
the only way to get less fuel "at speed" is to rejet.

If you are going to get a different/better air filter and exhaust your going to need a larger jet .036 and the idle jet to .024.

More later,
Gundy
Jim
There is a screw that is hidden behind a small piece of black pastic that is suppose to be for air/fuel ajd.is this the what u call the idle/spedd adj??or no??
so infact there are 2 adj.scews as I am told .
I have not actually taken off the black piece yet!!

johnf.357, buy a f*cking carb already!

i'm tempted to buy you a Mikuni and give it to you as a b-day/xmas/kwanza/whatever present because you'll love it. :laugh:

f*ck it, i'm going for it. if you guys think i should buy him a 22mm Mikuni (he's got to buy his own intake) post up (keep reading). if enough people think i should i'll do it. this is only for johnf.357 since he can't figure out what he wants to do.

here's how this will happen. i'll have to contact the guy i got mine through to make sure he has some in stock (i just emailed him, i should know tomorrow). now the really important part, i want pm's from at least 6 people on this site that aren't newbs thinking i should do this. i see this as a kind of fun way to help out the mini bike community that isn't going to cost me much.

if those conditions are met, i will buy johnf.357 a 22mm Mikuni.

Last edited:
Wow!Strigoi is da man!!

johnf.357, buy a f*cking carb already!

i'm tempted to buy you a Mikuni and give it to you as a b-day/xmas/kwanza/whatever present because you'll love it. :laugh:

f*ck it, i'm going for it. if you guys think i should buy him a 22mm Mikuni (he's got to buy his own intake) post up (keep reading). if enough people think i should i'll do it. this is only for johnf.357 since he can't figure out what he wants to do.

here's how this will happen. i'll have to contact the guy i got mine through to make sure he has some in stock (i just emailed him, i should know tomorrow). now the really important part, i want pm's from at least 6 people on this site that aren't newbs thinking i should do this. I see this as a kind of fun way to help out the mini bike community that isn't going to cost me much.

if those conditions are met, i will buy johnf.357 a 22mm Mikuni.
Strigoi
That is the wildest/kindest thing I have ever heard!I knew u would lose your mind when u read another post about f*cking carbs from me>you are a true classic,I really appreciate the very kind offer to make my decision for me,but I get the point finally, and I will buy one when I can..And u will be the first to hear about it,even will send u pics.to prove it!

But if the pm think you should do it,I will except I live in RI,i will by an adaptor and pay u for f*ucking carb shipping to RI
thanx again,johnf.357

Last edited:
if i get some people pm'ing me thinking i should do it i will. i haven't had any yet, but it's still early.

your questions about carbs don't bother me, i'm just giving you a hard time about it.:thefinger:

bad news. i just got an email back from Wicked MX and he's out of 22mm Mikunis right now (did a bunch of you guys here buy them?). i'm waiting to hear back on when he might get some in stock. i'll update when i find out.

update (he's kick ass at answering emails):

I do not even have any on order because most people are doing the bigger
bore bikes that use the 26mm carb now ... sorry.
looks like this idea just got shut down.

you guys can also quit asking about where to get Mikunis for cheap now.

Last edited:
clone carb

bad news. i just got an email back from Wicked MX and he's out of 22mm Mikunis right now (did a bunch of you guys here buy them?). i'm waiting to hear back on when he might get some in stock. i'll update when i find out.

update (he's kick ass at answering emails):

looks like this idea just got shut down.

you guys can also quit asking about where to get Mikunis for cheap now.
Strigoi,that s*cks, no carb for me now!!
maybe I should go back to asking about the stock carb??