Honda guys tell me what I'm working with

Im hoping that this guy comes to buy my quad so I can buy this
1971 Honda CB 175

seems like a nice old honda. From what I've looked up these are hot little bikes 80mph. I also seen guys take a cb 200 crank, piston, jugs and heads and turn them in to little screamers.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Yeah...they rev like 10.500 rpm, My dad had a 71 CL 175 that I rode a lot, back then I probably weighed 110lbs and 70 mph was the top speed I remember. Gearing was probably different on the CB.

Neck

Growing up is optional
They grow on you! But your in luck, they sold hundreds of thousands of them in the US. You can buy CL pipes, but they aren't going to bolt up to a CB frame, and the side cover will probably have to go by by. Just wait for a CL to come available.

They grow on you! But your in luck, they sold hundreds of thousands of them in the US. You can buy CL pipes, but they aren't going to bolt up to a CB frame, and the side cover will probably have to go by by. Just wait for a CL to come available.
You know I can't do that. I may make my own pipes but I'll figure it out once I buy it.

Looks like a nice bike. Why monkey w/it? The good examples should be preserved, IMO. There are lots of crappy ones around to turn into hot rods.

Tom while I agree I have only seen a handful in decent shape. I don't want a basket case. And it's better for me to buy this one and make a cafe racer then a guy who only wants the the trans.

Too bad,I had a '65 cb160 back in the crushtation period of My youth....stripped it down,geared it lower...cl pipes minus the muff....Had some cool things in the ends called"Snuff or nots".....closed it quitely putted through six 1/4 inch holes,when You turn the nobs on the sides of the pipes You could run straight pipes....Fast it was not...But it was quick on a short flat track.....pipes were rusted out on that 175?...still...Ya can't plow snow with that can Ya!....Scootercat....