Honda mini trail help

I got alot of info from my trailbuddy...if you get part # s and shop around you will see they are very fair....for my ct 70 between them and mikes mini trail I got most all my stuff. Honda dealers still have and get oem parts fairly reasonable. The factory "looking" tires are still available if you look.

.....did.you wash it yet?? Lol

Addicted 2 Minis

Here's the picture that sold me on the aluminum frame, like everything else, I still have it in its unfinished state, Hahahaha. Maybe I'll tinker with it a bit more now that you peeked my interest... again.

perfect road race hardtail z50.jpg

I got alot of info from my trailbuddy...if you get part # s and shop around you will see they are very fair....for my ct 70 between them and mikes mini trail I got most all my stuff. Honda dealers still have and get oem parts fairly reasonable. The factory "looking" tires are still available if you look.

.....did.you wash it yet?? Lol
Going to try to wash it today. I'm also going to change the oil. Is full synthetic okay?

If its an old motor I stick with the older oils...a lot of people switch with no problems tho and that is just me. Im no expert on oil. Someone will let you know.

Do you have a manual for this bike? Get your hands on one and use the recommended oil. It's important to use the recommended oil because the clutch and transmission are lubricated by the same supply as the engine. Using the wrong oil could cause the clutch to slip.
I do not have a manual. I have the original title so I'll have to ask some family members if they have the manual somewhere.

I do not have a manual. I have the original title so I'll have to ask some family members if they have the manual somewhere.
You can often find free downloads of manuals online. I found a free copy of the Honda OEM shop manual online for my 1982 CB125 this morning. Just search for yours with Google.

bruces

sae 30 would be the recomended oil for that bike ,it’s cast into the engine cover ,We run any motorcycle oil designed for a wet clutch ,the Castrol motorcycle oil from Walmart is good and cheap ,or we also run Shell Rotella diesel oil ,it’s also cheap at Walmart and is good for the wet clutch .10-30 is fine and what I use in those bikes ,straight 30 is a little harder to find sometimes .The bikes take less than a litre of oil .

The first thing most people do when they acquire one of these is go out and get a set of new chrome fenders, don't do it!. Your old ones should clean up pretty good and no matter how bad they are, they're better than the knock-offs. One thing you'll find is that no matter how nice the wheels are on the outside, they are probably rusted together and won't be the best to re-use once apart. There are some decent aftermarket wheels for these and you can still find NOS one on eBay from time to time. Here's a link to reference parts from, weird how they have the 69/70 together as there's a lot of differences between the years https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-z50a-former-model-usa_model50536/partslist/#.YI1-Hi2cZQI
10 minutes and some PB got the front wheel separated.
View media item 152482

Addicted 2 Minis

10 minutes and some PB got the front wheel separated.
View media item 152482
That is probably the best looking set of original wheels that I have seen!, I've had some that I was like "Oh, these will be nice", then they were all crusty inside. You and your kids did a great job cleaning it up, I hope you took them out for ice cream afterwards, Hahahaha.

Last edited:

Addicted 2 Minis

Before you put the pedal to the metal, check the frame for cracks, these are notorious for cracking in the areas pointed out. The part of the frame that the engine mount is welded to is the worst. You'll have to have a keen eye for that one as most just look like a flaw in the paint, they're usually right at the weld and the frame tube. I labeled it as #1 seeing how it's the most common area I've seen them crack.

Z50_01.jpg