Hooking up throttle on new Preditor engine

I Just bought a new Preditor engine for a Lil Indian I recently picked up...having a heck of time getting the throttle to work smoothly. I watched several youtubes and they helped, but it still doesn't work very well..if somebody has some suggestions, I'd appreciate seeing them--Thanks in advance!

gbabins1

I Just bought a new Preditor engine for a Lil Indian I recently picked up...having a heck of time getting the throttle to work smoothly. I watched several youtubes and they helped, but it still doesn't work very well..if somebody has some suggestions, I'd appreciate seeing them--Thanks in advance!
Can you post some pictures so we can see what you're working with? Just wondering if you're missing something?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Did you loosen the nut on the pivot for the throttle arm?

I'm with carbide. A couple of the videos I watched, were not real clear about that little detail. If all else is connected properly, backing that screw out should solve your problem.

Along with that, the return spring can be a little on the weak side, not having enough umpf to pull back the throttle. And in some cases the spring on the cable is too long, and won't let the throttle open all the way. Also you need to check both sides of the equation, after you have the actual throttle on the engine working correctly, you need to check the operation of the throttle handle/cable to see that it moves smoothly in both directions.

No one has asked which predator engine, I guess most just automatically assume it’s the 212cc version.
If it is the 212cc there are ready made throttle and throttle cable kits available that work very well.
If it is the 79cc there are a few kits if that’s what you can call them, but it has a very short throttle response almost like an off and on switch, there are quite a few you tube videos with different ideas and types of installation methods for both engines.

Hey Robert...sorry for the late response to your note, if you have a link to one of the Predator 212 throttle & cable kits you mentioned, I'd appreciate you sending it to me!

Thanks,
Mike