hot shot mini bike

I just purchased a hot shot mini bike and I'm trying to find someone help me find some info and parts.if anybody knows about them please let me know.:

Please post some pictures. The Hot Shot was made in Mesa, Az. Not very many were made and they were used is trail racing. Most came originally with a JLO Rockwell motor.

Nice! You have a ( Tall framed ) Hot Shot with headlight mounts . Very few were made with lights. The bike looks complete, What parts are you looking for? Great find not many around ! :thumbsup:

the person I purchased it from said it was the original engine. It has an 8 horsepower Briggs and Stratton. If it is the original motor how would I tell the year.

Neck

Growing up is optional
the person I purchased it from said it was the original engine. It has an 8 horsepower Briggs and Stratton. If it is the original motor how would I tell the year.
On the shroud somewhere, there will be three sets of numbers, Model code type, post those numbers. The first two in the first set is the cubic inches, the first two in the third set is the year of Mfg.

Add one more Hot Shot to the list of known to exist. I have one my dad bought new from D & G Machine (Dean & Guy) who built the bikes, at 41st. Street and Washington in Phoenix Arizona. Guy Wakefield was the race rider the innovator and designer of the Hot Shot. Dean was the welder/machinist who wound up with the company after they split up. The one I have is missing the engine and clutch

Add one more Hot Shot to the list of known to exist. I have one my dad bought new from D & G Machine (Dean & Guy) who built the bikes, at 41st. Street and Washington in Phoenix Arizona. Guy Wakefield was the race rider the innovator and designer of the Hot Shot. Dean was the welder/machinist who wound up with the company after they split up. The one I have is missing the engine and clutch
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I would sure like to find a Hot Shot. I did another internet search yesterday, before I saw your post, Ron. I have saved the pictures I have found and I love hearing more information about these old racers. Thanks Ron.

New guy here, it's funny I was searching the internet for Hotshots and came up with these posting. I used to ride these back in the 60's with my dad and we used to ride Ron Trainor. We had two them with the 230cc JLO and we had a twister with a Briggs in it. It good too see someone is still playing with them. Ron it is good to see your still around this is Brian Aycock I hope you remember my dad Gene. I'm trying to some slides my dad had taken back in the day converted to pictures so I can post them on here.

Last edited:
New guy here, it's funny I was searching the internet for Hotshots and came up with these posting. I used to ride these back in the 60's with my dad and we used to ride Ron Trainor. We had two them with the 230cc JLO and we had a twister with a Briggs in it. It good too see someone is still playing with them. Ron it is good to see your still around this is Brian Aycock I hope you remember my dad Gene. I'm trying to some slides my dad had taken back in the day converted to pictures so I can post them on here.
I sold my Hot Shot but still have a Twister.

Attachments