how fast can everyones mini bike go??

How about the world record?
I googled around and really found nothing for a minibike.
A real minibike with a minibike sized engine and wheels.
I googled "drag minibike" and I keep seeing a guy on a "mini motorcycle",
don't you need small wheels and a ballparkish 5 horse Briggs block to be considered a "minibike"?
ANYWAYS, anyone know "the worlds fastest minibike"?

toomanytoys

How about the world record?
I googled around and really found nothing for a minibike.
A real minibike with a minibike sized engine and wheels.
I googled "drag minibike" and I keep seeing a guy on a "mini motorcycle",
don't you need small wheels and a ballparkish 5 horse Briggs block to be considered a "minibike"?
ANYWAYS, anyone know "the worlds fastest minibike"?
You opened a can of worms with whats considered a 'minibike'!

To many any bike powered by a lawn mower engine is a minibike. But some have some strict rules. 6" or small wheels, ect ect.

After October 23rd I think there will be quite a few post on here from the Billetproof event. With actual proof by "certified" timeslips.
As far as the Double Whammy goes, I think it looks faster than what she'll actually run. I need to start my diet right now, after seeing what the Tampa boys run, I need every advantage I can get!! :biggrin:

I'd say to be considered a minibike at bare minimum an automatic centrifugal clutch or converter would need to be used. Hell I could go buy an old 250 dirt bike and weld some mounts and go as fast as I want to go on a minibike, but shifting to me defies the true "spirit" of the minibike.

I'd say you would also need to put a limit on wheel diameter. I think 10" is fair since that's a common size wheel that many people are using on mini's. Maybe an overall tire height limit too if that were to become a problem.

Okay, 2 speed on some maybe, but that thing has what, 5?
Then how many cylinders? Mini's have "1" That bikes got at least "4"
That's a little motorcycle!
At least a centrifugal clutch and no more than 13 inch wheels.

I think cylinder max should be 2. That accounts for big, slow, turd like Vanguards hacked into baja frames. Seriously though, I think anything more than 2 is trying to go fast.

Maybe even a displacement max for 2 strokes? Otherwise a 400cc triple 2 stroke from a snowmobile with a CVT would be killlin it.

I'm also thinking a rule that the motor must use piston power. I know there are rotaries used in minibikes, but there is a $5500 kart racing rotary from Germany that makes 55hp without touching it.