grade 12.9 bolts for head and side cover
18 pound springs with quality retaners, keepers, and HP lash caps
honda cryo rocker arms
stock push rods
stock lifters
2 stage header
mikuni carb,22 mill.
.265m dyno cam

My queston is, how long or how many hours can i get out of this build? What or where should look for wear and tear at? What can i do to make this motor last as long as possable? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks guys

P.S. I drive it like i stole it.:scooter::laugh:

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u468/catmac7/photobucket-5791-1328235856334.jpg

Because adding speed parts shortens the life of the engine.
Not because the parts are bad but the way you use them.

If you add speed parts to an engine that turns 3600 rpm and put out the rated 5 hp then you might have an engine that lasts as long or longer than stock.

The more you press the engine for power however the more quickly you stress and wear it out.

Thanks for the info, great stuff on here.:thumbsup:. But i was hopen to get some more info on what parts wear out, or need to be changed out. Thanks

Thanks for the info, great stuff on here.:thumbsup:. But i was hopen to get some more info on what parts wear out, or need to be changed out. Thanks
Keep a close eye on the valve lash and pull the spark plug to inspect it .These two things will help you keep it running longer.
Oh one more thing oil is cheap insurance so change it often for longer engine life.

Thanks for the info guys.:smile:
Got about 10 hours of run time on this build. Changed the oil 3 times, bits of metal in it every oil change. Open the side cover up today, looked around some. Checked rod bolts torque, still tight. The stock lifters are showing some wear (lite scoring)where they ride the cam lobbes. Everything else looks good.

Are the billet lifters worth the money and time puting in the motor?

Thanks for the info guys.:smile:
Got about 10 hours of run time on this build. Changed the oil 3 times, bits of metal in it every oil change. Open the side cover up today, looked around some. Checked rod bolts torque, still tight. The stock lifters are showing some wear (lite scoring)where they ride the cam lobbes. Everything else looks good.

Are the billet lifters worth the money and time puting in the motor?
Some Lucas break in lube might be a wise thing.
Its additive package will fortify your oil to portect lifters and cams.
Long tern use however I am not sure about thatywould require some research.

I got into the habbit of polishing my lifters.
Does this help?
Seems less scoring as you discribe but I also used heavier oils in the past made for diesels with a different addtive package than you can buy today.

50 hours on mine

I have 50 hours on my Harbor Freight (Greyhound, Lifan) engine. I swap this engine from my rototiller, generator, and water pump (all belt driven)
It is a bit babied, oil changes every 10 hours or so, and never ran hard