How many engines, and which are your favorite?

cxbra

I have 2 clone engines, one is a Predator 212cc, one is a gx160 clone and I used to own a Bonanza with a flathead Briggs. I think I like the Predator more than the flathead (probably since its a brand new engine) but the flathead was indestructable and pulled over 5000rpm for minutes on end. The flathead also had a bad ass tone at high rpm with the header I had on it!

Tecumseh is my favorite. H25~HS50 small block. H40~H70'S/HM80~HM100. Last count I had around 55 with acouple small briggs in the mix and still buying more.

My inventory at the moment is limited, but I also only have one mini bike project, a Toyoco Alpha 350 that has been stalled out for months, if not longer. Lol. I have a complete, rebuilt 5horse Briggs that hasn't been fired yet since being reassembled with new gaskets, rings, etc. Also have a '72 Briggs 2horse still in pieces in a box awaiting reassembly and repaint in traditional "mini bike white"... I have authentic decals for this one, as well. I believe I still have a 2horse shortblock (complete minus the carb and exhaust) that I may eventually complete for a a runner.
On the vintage forefront I have an old Power Products AH36 two-stroke, very complete, aside from air cleaner and mounting base, and a Jacobsen J321 engine that is totally complete. I think I may save it for a kart project or possibly a future bike, has the mounting base and everything. Came off a snowblower, I believe.

Including everything from weed-wacker to everyday car and truck, I have 37 internal combustion engines in my possession. Take away the road-going vehicles, that brings it down to around 30. Breaks down something like Briggs-7, GM-6, Honda-5, JLO-5, Ford-3, Kohler-3, Polaris-2, ISM-2, 1 ea of VW, Homelite, Echo, Stihl. Some of these are awaiting home in future projects.:doah:

I have 2 modified Briggs 5hp, one on my Rat bike, one spare,2- 3hp Briggs, one going for the 2013 Micro Mate build, the other on a Lil Indian restore, a 3.5hp Briggs on my other Micro Mate rider, a West Bend 820 for another Lil Indian restore, a 212cc Predator on my Ruttman, a 2hp Briggs on an Azusa bike and lastly my Go Devil with the original engine--enough projects!

i have 10 four are vertical shaft so no big woop there one honda 6 and 3 B&S 3.5. one techmesh HS55 8hp snowking needs a rod(got one?) a techmesh 5 1" shaft though currently on a useless chipper/vac. a B&S 9hp intek on Coleman ProGen 5000 and a Predator on a YardKing 27" snowblower little lean but very mean, outperforms the 8hp snowking in everyway except elec start. Last but not least my soon as xmas is over project is a OldMiniBikes BSP clone with many goods for a Manco T-bird project. I can honestly say that it is only motor here that is slightly exciting. so other than the predator which runs like a top my unopened BSP clone is going to be my favorite...:thumbsup:
Honda copied chevy 350 what more needs to be said. flat head 80 years old ?

i have 4 engines right now a stock 5 hp briggs...a 2 modded predators a 5.5 honda clone and a 6.5 honda clone ...i had a few engines and my fav so far are the predators i never had a problem other then junk getting in my cylinder and pinning my ring to my piston(my fault)

my top favorite out off all my motors would be a tie between my 3hp briggs and my 14hp kawasaki they both have never left me stranded unless i let them run out of gas. they both smoke a little but run great to.
2nd favorite-my 2 5hp briggs very good motors
3rd-my 1st gen 212cc predator with the thing in the tank not on it
4th-my 2nd gen 212cc predator with the thing in the tank
5th-briggs 6.5 intek motor i guess its a ok motor but never really liked it or idled good
6th-my 11hp briggs again an ok motor probilly needs the carb cleaned to run good but haven't did it yet
7th-and the motor i HATE the most is my136cc clone motor it needs a coil somtimes run till you go some where have to push the gokart back.
and i have a 13hp kholer haven't had time to use it,a 13hp grey hound got it for 60 dollars new haven't did any thing with it, and a 18 hp opposed twin briggs-theres all i haven't had time to use them.
so not counting push mowers and parts motors what is that 11 motors

I would like to say briggs 5hp is my favourite because they are American made, classic and sound nice, but I hate the throttle connection on them under the tank; hondas are so much simpler in that respect.
The gx200 clone on my bike pulls like a train, is reliable, easy to work on, cheap to get parts for..... It hurts to admit but its really a better engine.
Just the 3 engines from me, the other two besides the gx200 clone are Suffolk engines.

Just won my 20th Briggs Intek off Ebay. 900 Series with electric start for $56 shipped, only thing it needs is a new cam and I have a spare Briggs Stock Animal cam.