How many years must pass b4 you’re no longer called a “new member”

Joined this forum in 2018 and was just curious as to how many years must pass before you are no longer referred to as a new member? Still a newbie a 5+ years?

pomfish

Start a new thread under "What is it" section and Just post an out of focus picture of any old mini bike and then say "I think this is a Rupp, How much is it worth?"

Everyone will pile on you and Walla , you respond back to each one bitching like "Why no prices given, you guys suck, etc. and before you know it you have like 50 posts and then Jed is a Millionaire!
Problems solved.

And Welcome you New/Old member :)

I see you're from Cincinnati. How is you weather up there? I imagine it is too cold for mini bikes. Are there any snow mobile engines available?
Air cooled, rope start preferred.

Boats on the Ohio river today, not a cloud in the sky, high 60's low 70's. Indian summer here the last few weeks. Gorgeous. Snow mobile engines are all up North. Closer you get to Michigan the better the chances you'll find what you're looking for. Winters have been extremely mild here in Cincy since the late 70's. Nothing like the igloo building winters i remember as a kid. Best of luck on your hunt!

Correct you are on the b4. Early 70’s fever for me. For those members who didn’t ”get the fever” till the 80’s, 90’s, or beyond; let me tell you, you missed the Wild Wild West of riding. I see videos of a hundred or so bikes on cruise’s now and then. Special events, sometimes for a great cause, sometimes just because. That’s a beautiful thing. But in the 70’s we rode our bikes everyday and everywhere. And you never knew from day to day what a buddy would be pulling up on. There were so many being produced by so many manufacturers and sold by so many retailers. Heck, locally owned mom & pop garages that serviced automobiles were selling bikes cause the owners were mechanics who‘d gotten the fever, just like us.
I’m very grateful for all who have come after me for keeping this fever alive. Numerous members on this site have preserved and/or restored a lot of those old bikes, and for that I must shout out a huge THANK YOU. It has allowed a bunch of us older guys to re-live our boyhood memories of the best parts of our youth. You’ve been the caretakers of something truly exceptional.

Congratulations on becoming a MEMBER !! I enjoyed reading your 8:42 AM post. I'm enjoying reliving my earlier years too !!
Great group of people on this site, I really enjoy their postings !!

Those were the best days I can remember.
Minibikes bouncing along the train tracks, we could get anywhere in the county faster than a car on the paved roads.
I think I was 18 before I ever saw a helmet, and that was in boot camp.

Harquebus

....let me tell you, you missed the Wild Wild West of riding. I see videos of a hundred or so bikes on cruise’s now and then. Special events, sometimes for a great cause, sometimes just because. That’s a beautiful thing. But in the 70’s we rode our bikes everyday and everywhere. And you never knew from day to day what a buddy would be pulling up on. There were so many being produced by so many manufacturers and sold by so many retailers. Heck, locally owned mom & pop garages that serviced automobiles were selling bikes cause the owners were mechanics who‘d gotten the fever, just like us...
That's a neat snippet of history from your recollection, I enjoyed reading it but can only imagine how it was. I missed the craze but I sort of understand the ride-together group culture in that most every kid had an affordable bicycle growing up and we rode them all the time, so that translates well I think.

All I can say is you kids were SPOILED ROTTEN as minibikes were pretty expensive back then same as now, adjusting for inflation to today's dollars. ;)