HS/H 50 Lighting coils and magnet flywheel

A minibike engine is not a motor cycle engine. The amount of current the little 5-6.5 HP engines can put out that most folks can afford to buy is about three amps. The problem is the Voltage is not stable. As the engine speeds up/slows down, the voltages goes from about 6 volts to as much as 18 Volt AC, depending on the load on the electrics.
A diode or a full wave rectifier and a regulator is needed to keep the voltage at or around 13.5 Volts DC.
The lights may dim/go normal if no battery is used to maintain a constant voltage.
This battery can be very small if you use LED lamps for the head light and tail lights. If using the old type bulbs you will need a larger battery as they most certainly will draw all the amps the engine can produce.
Not using a diode or a full wave rectifier/regulator can and will damage your lighting system bulbs as the voltage will not be constant. At higher revs you will burn out the bulbs. ( uncontrolled AC voltage)
I've done a couple of articles here on how to do it where the lighting system will last a very long time.

He posted that 4 years ago. Very slim chance he still has it. Have you checked Ebay?
I see 5 HP engines all the time. A lot of the snow blowers had a headlight on them, so they had a charging coil.

He posted that 4 years ago. Very slim chance he still has it. Have you checked Ebay?
I see 5 HP engines all the time. A lot of the snow blowers had a headlight on them, so they had a charging coil.
I figured he wouldn't, but wanted to check. All the charging engines I'm seeing (which isn't many) are going for like $800

That is why (someone) suggested using LED light bulbs and a small battery hidden somewhere on the bike. You could use rechargeable RC car batteries or power tool batteries. Then any HS50 will be ready to go.

That is why (someone) suggested using LED light bulbs and a small battery hidden somewhere on the bike. You could use rechargeable RC car batteries or power tool batteries. Then any HS50 will be ready to go.
True, that's not a terrible temporary solution. I'm just a bit of a perfectionist lol.

Be patient, save your mad money, and keep looking on Ebay. They do come up pretty often.
Also, keep watching "What's new" here on this site. Some of our members sometimes post up flywheels and charging systems.
Be ready to say "I'll take it" or someone else will.