HS40 Breaker Cam

Hi,

In re-assembling my HS40 I have stupidly broken the breaker cam clean in half. I have botched a repair on it but not sure its strong enough.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement one, or make a new one, repair the old one, etc.

Cheers!

oldfatguy

try JB WELD,it is a epoxie type stuff that just might do it,just don't glue it to the crank.fix the part seperate and file off the excess after it dries.I just used it to repair a engine that had a hole in it from a thrown rod,it worked great and set up hard.Any auto parts store will have it for about five bucks.good luck,I hope it works for you

Thanks for the link and tip. That was the right cam, found part number 30992 on the internet in the end. Missed the auction unfortunately, and also I'm based in the UK, not sure if it was available via uk eBay. I glued the part with "bondloc steel epoxy", and left it in a clamp for a few days. I can't break it apart by hand now so hopefully that's it done now...we'll see! hate to think what damage it'd do to the breaker etc if it broke while the engine was running.

Also bought some of that JB Weld for next time, sounds like good stuff!

Thanks again,
Rich