hs40

I'll make a resonable offer, how about 150.00 plus shipping :shrug: may seem low but ive been watching evilbay and craigslist and no hs40 is selling for 425.00, not even anything remotely close to that..hell ive seen complete running roadsters sell for that amount and less lately. Thats my offer...

:shrug:u can get a hs40 with lighting coil 4 100 bucks rupp parts 450 500 this is a complete rebuild real hs40 for the rupps stikers and all u show me where u get them bull :censure::censure: i will sell u one with out lighting that need work for 150 u pay shipp :2guns:

mybiz

$80 and $100 nos?? You got a good deal or your wishing you did. I did get this one for way less than $80 $100 and wouldn't let it go period.:eek:ut:

:shrug::thumbsup:that motor wouldnt look good on a roadster restore diff locations of the intake and muffler ???? i have orig motors anyone who may be interested pm me

:shrug:u can get a hs40 with lighting coil 4 100 bucks rupp parts 450 500 this is a complete rebuild real hs40 for the rupps stikers and all u show me where u get them bull :censure::censure: i will sell u one with out lighting that need work for 150 u pay shipp :2guns:
Sorry to burst your bubble...here was a running one with working lighting coil for $92.52 that just sold on evil bay RUPP TECUMSEH HS 40 ENGINE WITH LIGHTING COIL: eBay Motors (item 300435048512 end time Jun-11-10 16:22:42 PDT)

They are out there, I see them all the time. Paying 450 or 500 for a HS40 is insane!

Last edited:
Gpxsrxracer......why havent you bought one of the under 150.00 motors you have watched on E Bay sell , dont hassle this guy over his price just jump in feet first on E Bay and buy some , I have bought several HS 40's on E Bay myself and I am here to say it is a coin toss on the motors I have recieved . I cannot say those motors are the best quality for that price , most need work to be right and some need lots of work and parts are not cheap to do it right and machine work is a must to make a to zero spec motor out of most of them . I would sayhis motor is close to what it would cost to buy one and do a quality remanufacture with new tecumseh parts and machine work . Unless your friend is selling the motor your looking at you should plan on working on it , because I have found most people dont know whether a motor is good or not . Fat Boy

ok like i sed find me one not beat all new everything new no smoke no nothing u pay for whut u get throw this motor on a mint rebuild not going to happen u put all the time into one to put a motor like this go for it when u restore a mini u do it to the best not half a//// would like this motor on your resto job or mine i will post a pic ?????? no bubble bust man like i sed i have a complete hs40 like the 1 u sent me to for 150.00 smoke little carb intake l come to sight for help or to help somebody in need not to be shown whut links to thing i would put on a beater mini u tell me ????? it cost to make a motor u allready payed 80 100 150.00 for mint and sell it to me for these prices not going to happen will it
:2guns:get me info on one or am i just nutts the rupp sticker is 20 i think by it self lol

Last edited:
Gpxsrxracer......why havent you bought one of the under 150.00 motors you have watched on E Bay sell , dont hassle this guy over his price just jump in feet first on E Bay and buy some , I have bought several HS 40's on E Bay myself and I am here to say it is a coin toss on the motors I have recieved . I cannot say those motors are the best quality for that price , most need work to be right and some need lots of work and parts are not cheap to do it right and machine work is a must to make a to zero spec motor out of most of them . I would sayhis motor is close to what it would cost to buy one and do a quality remanufacture with new tecumseh parts and machine work . Unless your friend is selling the motor your looking at you should plan on working on it , because I have found most people dont know whether a motor is good or not . Fat Boy
They arent worth 450 or 500 bucks even rebuilt IMO, especially in this economy now. Been watching what complete running Rupps are sellling for lately? As far as machining and parts no way, unless you pay a shop to do it. I do my own work and I dont trust someone elses work, I have seen what some consider rebuilt is definately up to interpretation for sure and more times than not tollerences are no within spec or are overlooked. A 20 dollar sticker and a 5 dollar rattle can of paint doesnt make it rebuilt and there is alot of those engines out there. I suggest since you feel hes right on, YOU buy his engine for 450 or 500 and then try and sell it for the same amount and prove that im wrong. I made him a legitimate honest offer to buy his engine and he declined...you said im hassling him, and he thinks engines arent selling that cheap when they are so it is what it is. Facts are facts and just because Brandt wants 5 bills(claimed by bsdb420, i dont personally know) for an engine doesnt mean thats what they are worth right now. But by all means if you feel its worth it, buy it like I said and then resell it and by all means prove me wrong and I will say I was wrong and I will apologize and admit it:thumbsup:

I am saying it probably is worth 400 done right to someone , it just sounds to me like you are just too cheap to buy it .

I have at least 50 Tecumseh engines from 2.5 to 10 horse , I am not looking for any , you are ! And I am not sure you are wanting one either or else you would have bought one off E Bay by now sounds like you have missed plenty of chances for a cheap one . I have six lighted hs40's on the shelf already rebuilt , dont need another one sitting right now . Lighting coils and flywheels for hs40 are still selling for 150.00 shipped on E bay on a buy it now just a few weeks ago , so 150.00 for a running motor sounds cheap to me ,,, you better buy one if you need one . Fat Boy

I am saying it probably is worth 400 done right to someone , it just sounds to me like you are just too cheap to buy it .

I have at least 50 Tecumseh engines from 2.5 to 10 horse , I am not looking for any , you are ! And I am not sure you are wanting one either or else you would have bought one off E Bay by now sounds like you have missed plenty of chances for a cheap one . I have six lighted hs40's on the shelf already rebuilt , dont need another one sitting right now . Lighting coils and flywheels for hs40 are still selling for 150.00 shipped on E bay on a buy it now just a few weeks ago , so 150.00 for a running motor sounds cheap to me ,,, you better buy one if you need one . Fat Boy
Instead of calling me cheap, put your money where your mouth is and prove me wrong...

Im cheap because im not stupid enough to overpay for something? :eek:ut: Sorry I am a fair market value type of person. And as far as ebay, I really dont buy much of anything off of there anymore, Id rather buy from someone off of here or locally...

You say you dont buy much of anything off E Bay anymore , but you want to drag E Bay's wornout engine prices here to offer to a seller for a rebuilt engine that he says is in good running order and you think I am :eek:ut:

Have a good one

Fat Boy went :scooter: to get away from the loonies.....lol