Humphrey's Wheel Horse _1966

delray

wow gerry, alot of history in that place and still open today. you think he has some NOS tecumseh parts still...:thumbsup:

Great Sunday story KK! Some people just know how to do it right. I don't why this stuff wells me up like it does, but the whole read I'm choking back a little, then the last pic with the grandson coming in the business:crying:.......happens every time. Must be gettin sentimental in my old age.

Gerry, thanks for posting this.

Great photos, and history....It reminds me of Norris Supply in Gastonia NC....my folks moved us to Gastonia in 1967, when I was 10 yrs old...I was not aware of mini bikes before then.

One of Dad's friends, and Drum and Bugle Corp buddies, Reggie Norris owned it. Norris Supply was an old building, one street over from main street.... with wood slat floors, double doors in the front like the one's in the Humphries photo ...ride by at night and nothing out front...ride by during business hours and the sidewalk was lined with new shining lawn mowers, and more brand new Rupp Mini bikes than you could shake a stick at.

Thanks for sharing Gerry, and for resurrecting my memories !!

What a great story of hard work and the facts are that they made the right choices by selling top of the line equipment and sticking to the franchise year after year. Thanks for the look
Steve