Hyd. Brake on DB ??

Minibender,
Don't order the hydraulic rear brake for the X-7 from super pocket bikes:doah:.
I have it in front of me and it will take some fab work to make it useful. Mounts different and the bracket is not interchangable. Wait for the Rudedog and Strigoi recommended brake set to be back in stock. I am going to return mine tomorrow. It would work if I made a custom bracket:hack:, but if they have a bolt on, I'll wait...

Thanks for the heads up.
I kept looking at the one you have but held off because it looked way bigger than the original and with the bigger tire I have now clearance is minimal on mine.

I have only found 2 places that list the "right" one and both are out of stock and clueless as to when they will get more if at all.:sadcrying4:

I think there are about ten of us in the same boat. I signed up for the email notification. If anyone finds a source before they get restocked, please post here. I will post as soon as I get the email.:thumbsup:

vette66_00

I dont know why everybody is stuck on that set up, with just using that Hydro brake system. There is a perfectly good used option and they are all over ebay. Here is the post I did as another option...http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/b.../13878-another-option-hydraulic-brake-db.html

These work great dont pay over $50 for one/two. Usually you get 2 sets of brakes but the hose on one of them will be to short and the bracket will not work from one either. But extra handle and caliper.

I have not tested this but from what I have read that almost all of the Hydro Break setups for 6" rotors will work. So the set on ebay for shimano disc brakes should also work, but dont hold me to that. You will also need the 160mm mount for the front.

Last edited:
Vette 66 Nice looking outfit.
I have bigger turf saver tires on mine and the clearance on the factory DB brake is 1/8"
the Hayes does not look like it will fit.

Ok I went to Ebay and looked at the Hayes brakes.
There were so many different models did not really know what I was looking for:doah:, Which part number or model are we after?
Thanks