I got this like kill switch with my frame do y’all think it can be restored or nah

Triley41395

I got this like kill switch with my frame do y’all think it can be restored or nah
What do you mean by restored? If you mean original looking and functional, I would guess you could but rechromeing is not cheap. Just a guess but it would probably cost a couple hundred dollars.
You could get an aftermarket switch, new decal for the top and paint it for much cheaper. Even with a budget built on your cat you'll be 500.00 plus, that's without cat parts. I'm not trying to scare you into not doing a full restoration but AFTER you find the parts, you're looking at a minimum of 1000.00 in rechrome.

Are you RESTORING it, or getting it ready to RIDE it?

There would be a huge difference in budget and focus.
^ What he said. ^
I’m focusing on restoring the frame right now
The term "restore" gets like, tossed around like, a lot these days... when what really happened was a can of spray paint and a predator 212 engine from Hobo Freight. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but that isn't a restoration. You can drop $3k into a full CAT restoration before a cat can lick it's rear and still not be all done.

As far as that switch panel goes, clean and polish it best you can. The black decal in the recess is just a piece of vinyl decal material that any wrap or decal shop will gladly give you, or you can buy a small sheet of it off the internet. Cut it out, stick it on. Then put the new switch in it that Wizard posted. BAMM!!! Working switch like all over again.

don’t got a budget right now trying to get the frame all ready
"don’t got a budget right now"

you have a budget, you just don't know it. If you mean you have no money to play with, you have no mini bike funds. If you mean that it's unlimited, then get on the internet and start searching for everything you want to do to that Cat bike, add it all up and if you can afford it that's your budget. If you can't then you figure out what you can spend and what you can do yourself to make it ride. It's still a budget.

What do you mean by that "trying to get the frame all ready" comment? Do you have an engine with it?

After I got two different CAT rollers (barely rolling) I found out in a hurry this wasn't going to be a $200 quickie when an average pair of beat up CAT wheels are going for $200 - 350 now. Used up HS40 Tecumsehs are bringing stupid $$$. Real nice, professionally restored Tecumsehs cost as much as a basic SBC rebuild would cost back in the late '70s - '80s.

So is it going to be a used 3 horse Briggs & Stratton edger engine, or a Predator 212.... or? That bike you're working on came with a very desirable Tecumseh HS40 4 horse engine that can set you back a few hundred or up to a grand depending on condition, your location, or what you find locally that will work for you.
Have fun with it!!

Wow sounds like you guys are trying to scare this guy away…yes restoring is very expensive…it’s an expensive hobby…chrome the fucker….powder coat it…whatever you like….spk you need a motor text me…

of you really want to help him give him encouragement and parts to fix up his shit…fuck this site is going to shit very fast…

Last edited:
Wow sounds like you guys are trying to scare this guy away…yes restoring is very expensive…it’s an expensive hobby…chrome the fucker….powder coat it…whatever you like….spk you need a motor text me…

of you really want to help him give him encouragement and parts to fix up his shit…fuck this site is going to shit very fast…
Scare away? Nah, just giving him a heads up on what to expect. Sticker shock is high these days can catch you off guard. I thought I gave him some decent information to work with, wtf?

Well maybe it’s just me then….i will refrain from commenting on other than my posts from this point on…and maybe I should start selling shit instead of giving….we ALL know how much it costs….we ALL know restoring and refurbishingare two different things….i PERSONALLY try to make them better than they were….and let whomever wants to ride them have at it…..