I hate parts that wobble.....

That pisses me off too oldrelics. You wait a while to get the parts, then once they finally arrive you gotta return them and order more. :doah: As if you haven't waited long enuff.

Bought some new Bonanza Kidney bean wheels a while back... one of 'em wobbles so bad I've been unable to repair it, even on a lathe.

Very frustrating... project has been on the back burner now for over a year 'cause I can't figure it out. (I think I'm eventually going to have to re-bore the bearing recess, maybe use an oversize OD bearing of some sort.)

mardyn

Bought a wheel and hub assembly and when I attatched the sprocket and spun it on the axl the damn sprocket wobbled like crazy turns out the plate the sprocket bolts on is welded slightly off,I swear dont they check these damn things.

Same thing with my new Azusa Tri-Stars and drum/sprocket assembly. The new rims had some wobble but the drum/sprocket was absolute pure garbage!

Fortunately the mounting area near the bolt holes on my Tri-Stars was fairly flat. The outer edge near the bead is where the wobble is more noticeable.

What I did was order a blank sprocket with a 1" center bore, drilled out the holes, and had some 1 1/4" spacers machined to space the sprocket. I used a bronze bushing (1" OD 5/8 ID") to keep everything centered. I'm using a clutch brake so I don't need the brake drum.

Note: The spacers in these pics is not what I used. I had some longer and wider spacers machined.