I must concede defeat on this one.

den35

Well,I finished the engine swap on my Acrtic Cat Prowler.

I put a jackshaft kit,new Max-Torque clutch,new 60tt drive sprocket and the stock engine from my Doodlebug.

I figured 2.5hp was 2.5hp.And the original 2stroke engine could make it move nicely.But I was wrong.

IT RIDES LIKE A S:censure: F:censure: STOCK DOODLEBUG!:censure::censure::censure:

To all you guys who said the stock DB30 engine was junk,you were right.

Guess I have no chioce but to go with a new engine.(that'll be a while)

Have you ever noticed that most posted pics of multi-engine bikes don't show the side we're all wanting to see (and copy)...

I'm still trying to figure out the air filters on this one...

Oldsalt

Have you ever noticed that most posted pics of multi-engine bikes don't show the side we're all wanting to see (and copy)...

I'm still trying to figure out the air filters on this one...
My experience with hooking up three engines [if chain is to be used] tells me that a clutches would have to be provided on the shafts of all three engines. A non-clutched sprocket would also be required on each output shaft. That would allow the first engine to be rope started and reved up to start the second, Further revving would start the third. I can attest to the fact that chaining all three engines together [with only the last engine haveing a clutch] will not work. No matter how where the engines fire in the 720 degrees available, there is a horrid harmonic set up at the center engine sprockets. Distruction is assured in a very short time. That is how I originally configured the drive system on my three engine mini bike. Had to take off all the chain and sprocket stuff and use belts and pulleys between the three engines. As only one clutch was used in the system [on the last engine] a starting system, other than pull ropes had to be devised. 'Bout impossible to start three engines solidly hooked together unless at least two ropes are pulled. That was not really doable in practice. I used an electric starter off an 11 HP Briggs. The ring gear was attached to the first engine and easily starts all three.

Yellowhand, if you [or anyone else!] wants close-up pictures of the drive system on my three engine mini I'd be more than happy to supply them

Oldsalt

Here is a couple of things that I noticed in the photo of the triple engine mini.

It uses a brake lever to activate the throttles. I'm sure that is easier to make work than a twist grip because the spring tension necessary to close three carbs is generally going to be greater than what a twist grip was designed for.

I don't see a shut-off method like a kill switch. Not too suprised. If all the short-out wires from the three ignition coils are hooked to one kill button none of the engines will run. It is ether a row of three kill buttons or a special switch.

If the machine is to be used on anything but smooth ground [or three 5 HP engines are used] the frame as shown may flex excessively. I'm guessing this is a show bike.

Is there a chance that the headlight works?